You love your canine clients, but did you know that Rover has expanded into cat care? It’s true! Now you can add Cat Sitting as a service in your profile, and make it easier for Cat owners to find you.
47.1 Million households in the U.S. have a cat, and sometimes those cats need a cat sitter! We wanted to fill an unmet need for cat-loving pet parents, and bring more business to our sitters. We know it works because:
- We tested the cat care offering over a three month beta period.
- During that time, we saw nearly $4 million in cat specific billings.
- We think this service will continue to grow, and that means more booking opportunities for you, plus you get the chance to diversify your services–and meet more cute pets.
Now, cat owners can create cat specific profiles, with all of the relevant details about their furry friend’s needs. (So say goodbye for getting requests for a dog whose breed is listed as cat!)
Other updates include:
- Cat drop-ins are advertised to owners as a check in that may entail feeding, playtime, cleaning the litter box, and/or administering medication. (Remember, it’s important to chat with owners about what their needs are prior to booking, to ensure you’re a good fit).
- It’s now easier for pet owners to find sitters that offer cat care. That means more successful matches between you and your clients!
Ready to expand your business and highlight yourself to cat owners? Take the following steps to make your profile cat friendly:
- Visit your services preferences and click ‘yes’ under “do you want to accept cats” for any service where you’d like to care for cats
- Tip: drop-ins and house sitting are most popular among cat owners. If you don’t already offer those, you can add them on your services page
- Consider calling out cat care in your profile headline. You can update your headline here.
- Make sure to set a cat care rate for your cat-friendly services – this helps you show up in cat searches in your area. You can manage your rates here.
We’re so excited to be a friendly place for cat owners to find cat care, and we hope you’re excited to take on some feline clients! If you have any questions about how to be the best cat sitter possible, check out these helpful links!