Accessibility Statement for Rover.com
Rover is committed to providing a top-notch online experience for our entire community - including users with disabilities.
Becoming and remaining accessible is a constant and ongoing process. Rover has committed to achieving and maintaining compliance with the Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0 AA).
As of February 8, 2022, Rover is substantially conformant with WCAG 2.0. Substantial conformance means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Here are some of the features we are addressing to make sure that our website is accessible to as many users as possible:
- Site Structure: Titles, labels, and heading elements help users navigate our site.
- Keyboard Access: Our content is intended to be fully accessible with a keyboard.
- Text Equivalents: Alternative text for appropriate images and non-text visual elements.
- Color Use: Text’s contrast with its background makes it legible for all users.
- Content Accessibility: Text, video, and other content is designed to be understandable by all users.
Our website is designed and developed with the WCAG guidelines in mind. We test our website to ensure that it is usable by members with assistive devices. Assessment methods include:
- Internal assessment using automated tools and manual evaluation
- External audits provided by third-party experts
- Automated testing of new features on popular pages to guard against regression
- Feedback from users like you (see Feedback below!)
- Video playback: Where Rover provides video content, the default video player provided by our video host does not provide an audio-only track, and does not conform to WAI accessibility standards. We are actively looking for an alternative player which is conformant.
- Keyboard access: Not all pages are fully accessible to users who interact with the page using only a keyboard. We are actively remediating these issues, and intend to be fully keyboard-accessible on major pages by July 2021.
- Internet Explorer: The focus outline on some elements will not display correctly in Internet Explorer 11. We recommend using the most recent version of a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
Accessibility of our website relies on the following technologies for conformance to accessibility standards:
These technologies are required in order for our website to work correctly with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive applications or plugins installed on your device.
We recommend using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
We recommend the following browser and screen reader pairings:
- Chrome and JAWS
- Firefox and NVDA
- Chrome and Talkback (for Android devices)
- Safari and VoiceOver (for iOS and macOS devices)
If you have any questions or would like to report an issue relating to the accessibility of this website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This is not a customer support email. It is only monitored for questions relating to accessibility for users with disabilities. For customer support, please see the table below.
If you have difficulty booking pet care or using our website because of a disability, please contact Customer Support:
|Location||Telephone (toll-free)||Email / Online Assistance|
|Canada||438-799-5595||Please contact us through our Help Center|
|France||+33 805 11 87 email@example.com|
|Germany||+49 (0)3 05 68 37 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Italy||+39 02 947 569 email@example.com|
|Netherlands||+31 20 262 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Norway||+47 800 69 email@example.com|
|Spain||+34 910 78 07 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sweden||+46 8 580 970 email@example.com|
|United States||888-453-7889||Please contact us through our Help Center|