Coffee shops and San Francisco? It’s a match made in heaven. Enjoy a delicious cup of tea or coffee while basking in the beautiful weather found practically year-round.
But, what if you want to bring a furry friend along? Well, you’re in luck! San Francisco has tons of dog-friendly spots to get your java fix. This city has more dogs than children, after all, so it’s only natural that its coffee shops would welcome canine companions. To help you narrow down the seemingly-endless selection of places to grab a cup of joe, here are the most dog-friendly coffee shops in the City by the Bay.
- Check out that sweet English Bulldog logo!
- The patio out front is dog friendly.
- This is one of the few coffee shops without WiFi, since the owners want patrons to talk to each other. Why not chat up another dog lover while you’re here?
- This cafe is adjacent to the Duboce Park Dog Play Area, making it a great place to stop on your way to or from the park.
- Duboce Park Cafe has a large outdoor seating area with plenty of shade.
- Naturally, the crowd is full of dog lovers.
- Its nondescript name belies its trademarks: iced coffee cold-brewed for 36 hours and coffee ice cubes.
- Get there early; there’s limited seating out front for dogs.
- CoffeeShop’s beans are roasted locally, cutting down on transportation costs and emissions while bringing you a fresher-than-average cup.
- CoffeeShop was voted one of best coffee shops in San Francisco.
- Java Beach Cafe has an outdoor seating area, so it’s great for sitting with your dog on a sunny day.
- This spot is a popular surfer hang out near the beach.
- Java Beach Cafe is known for roasting its own coffee, and it’s a very community-oriented place.
5. Stable Cafe
- Stable Cafe has a lovely garden with lots of dog-friendly seating.
- The cafe offers water bowls and dog biscuits to keep your pet satisfied.
- Dogs are welcome but must be on a leash.
- In addition to delicious coffee, Stable offers a full menu.
6. Coffee Bar
- This Coffee Bar location offers a full-service menu.
- You’ll find dog-friendly seating out front.
- Coffee Bar was voted one of the city’s best coffee shops by SFist.com
- Tartine Bakery is a great little spot with a dog-friendly outdoor seating area.
- Here, you can pair delicious coffee with amazing pastries.
- Get there earlier! This place is very popular and busy, and there’s usually a long line. That said, the wait is definitely worth it.
8. Philz Coffee
- Philz is one of San Francisco’s most popular coffee chains.
- A quick search will bring you to multiple locations with dog-friendly outdoor seating.
- The Embarcadero location is adjacent to a park and the water, which is perfect for a stroll after your cup of joe!