Los Angeles is the land of fun in the sun, and your dog can get in on the action, too. We’re highlighting some of the outrageously fun, top dog events in Los Angeles, plus charitable causes you don’t want to miss. Oh, and one of these events could save your dog’s life!
- Okay, just south of L.A. but too cool not to be on the list!
- 11th annual dog surfing contest
- Opening ceremonies, costume contest, and surfing history exhibit
- $10 registration fee goes to Charity Partner of your choice
- Adjacent upscale pet-friendly hotel: Shorebreak
Dodger Stadium: 1000 Elysian Park Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Special event ticket required for you and your pooch—tickets available online ONLY
- Dogs allowed in the All-You-Can-Eat Right Field Pavilion ONLY
- Ticket includes unlimited Dodger Dogs, nachos, peanuts, popcorn, Coke products, and water
- Dogs can participate in the pup activity center and parade
- Must bring signed waiver and proof of vaccination
- Dogs not allowed on the field for the postgame movie
- Outdoor movie, food truck, and live music summer series—dogs welcome!
- Watch classics like The Goonies, Big, Pretty in Pink, and the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- Admission: $6-23
- Voted “Best Outdoor Movie Event” (out of ALL events, not just the dog events in Los Angeles!)
- Sample goodies from an array of yummy food trucks
5410 W. San Fernando Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90039
- Invites artists to transform the “cone of shame” in support of no-kill animal organizations
- Hosted at one of L.A.’s most dog-friendly restaurants, Golden Road Brewery
- Open bar, yummy food, and live music
- A Cone Fashion Show sneak peak
- Adoptable pets and rescue groups
- Free admission but you must RSVP and register
Marina Vista Park: 5355 E. Eliot St.
Long Beach, CA 90803
- One of the most famous dog events in Los Angeles, and biggest dog Halloween party in Southern California!
- More than 500 costumed dogs with prizes
- Free to watch, but premium seating available for $5 on first-come, first-served basis
- Registration prices vary based on when you register—pre-registering saves you some cash!
- Proceeds benefit animal welfare programs
Exposition Park, Los Angeles
- Fundraising dog walk/run
- Proceeds go to homeless pets—the motto: “Save Them All!”
- Adoptable dogs, vendor booths, music, and costume contests
- Nationwide campaign
- Fundraising goal for Los Angeles event: $700,000
- Dog-friendly festival hosted by PAWS LA
- Awesome costume contest with categories like Doggie Doppleganger, Superheroes, and California Dreamin’
- Food trucks and vendor booths
- Free admission
- Proceeds benefit PAWS
1102 Oxley Street
South Pasadena, CA 90130
- 5-hour workshop teaching invaluable first-aid skills for pets
- 2-year certification upon completion of course
- Learn how to assess a pet’s vital signs and handle emergency situations like choking
- 1 out of 4 pets would survive an emergency medical situation if first aid was applied prior to veterinary care
- Cost: $85
L.A. loves its dogs. This city has it all—perfect weather, the beach, and lots of dog-loving people, which means some of the best dog events around.