- This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
Is your Pit Bull getting the restorative sleep he needs? And, if not, how can you help him get the rest his body requires?
Answer: get your canine pal a dog bed! But not just any dog bed—the best dog bed. The dog bed that’s made with your beloved Pit Bull in mind.
If you need further persuading, let’s take a look at the ways your Pit Bull will benefit from a proper dog bed.
Benefits of a good dog bed for your Pit Bull
- Promotes healthy joints: A high-quality dog bed will soothe your dog’s aching joints while preventing future arthritic issues.
- Gives your Pit Bull a safe retreat: We all need a place where we can get away from it all. Your Pit Bull is no different. Giving him his own place to snooze will also give him a private sanctuary where he can relax solo.
- Protects your own furniture: Tired of the hair and odors that are constantly besieging your furniture? A dog bed is the simplest solution. Keeping your Pit off the couch is easier when he has his own bed to curl up in.
Now that the benefits of a proper dog bed are clear, let’s explore which features you should be looking for in a dog bed for your Pit Bull.
Things to consider when buying a dog bed for your Pit Bull
- Durability: Pit Bulls can be destructive chewers. Look for a bed that’s made with heavy-duty materials. Some beds even use aluminum in their construction—chewing problem solved!
- Orthopedic materials: According to the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals, 23.8% of Pit Bulls will develop hip dysplasia at some point. A good bed will support your dog’s alignment and promote healthy joints, lowering your dog’s risk of developing this painful ailment.
- Washability: Pit Bulls are prone to certain skin allergies, so you’ll want a bed that you can wash regularly to remove any offending allergens such as pollen.
- Coordinating style: If you own a Pit Bull then you know they like to be near their humans. With this in mind, select a bed that you wouldn’t mind placing in your most lived-in space. Consider the bed’s shape and overall look and style.
Read on for our top dog bed recommendations. You—and your Pit Bull—can thank us later.
This virtually chew-proof bed is sure to be a winner among pet owners who’ve seen bed after bed destroyed by eager chewers. Plus, the unique elevated design will keep your Pit Bull cool in the warmer months.
The numbers don’t lie: 87 percent of customers gave this bed a 5/5 star rating on Amazon!
- Elevated design allows airflow and keeps your dog cool
- Made with extremely durable vinyl and chew-proof aluminum
- Easy to clean
- Perfect for outdoor use
- Available in four attractive colors (burgundy, forest green, royal blue, and smoke)
This durable bed was created specifically for bigger breeds. Made with medical-grade orthopedic materials, your Pit Bull will enjoy its joint-supporting comfort.
The folks at Bully Beds are proud to offer beds that are free from harmful materials such as lead, mercury, or formaldehyde.
- Ideal for larger dogs
- Made with medical-grade orthopedic memory foam to protect your dog’s joints
- Made entirely with non-toxic materials
- Has a durable and washable outer cover
- Waterproof internal liner
Sold in three neutral shades and four sizes ranging from Small to XXL Jumbo, PetFusion’s Ultimate Dog Bed will become a favorite spot for your Pit Bull to snooze.
The bed’s memory foam promotes joint health, leading to improved mobility and energy— exactly what your furry friend deserves.
- Comfortable memory foam is ideal for senior or arthritic dogs
- The waterproof liner adds extra protection
- Removable, washable cover
- Outer bolsters provide a comfy surface to rest tired heads
- Made with skin-safe material
Big Barker has really nailed it with this supportive and durable dog bed. Its top of the line memory foam won’t flatten over time, making this a worthwhile investment for your Pit Bull.
The glowing reviews for this bed are through the roof. One happy customer praised the bed’s quality build, American-made foam supports, 10-year warranty, and the added bonus that these beds are made in the US by a small family-run business.
- Offers premium joint support
- Retains 90 percent of its shape for 10 years (or they’ll replace it!)
- Stays cool by using “open cell” foam (as opposed to memory foam)
- Removable, washable cover
- Made in the USA with American materials
- Headrest provides extra comfort
Composed of two layers of premium foam, this bed by Milliard is designed to conform to your dog’s contours. It’s firm enough to help older or arthritic dogs stand up after a restful nap.
One reviewer praised this bed, stating her dog and cat fight over who gets to sleep in it!
- Ideal for aging dogs or dogs who suffer from joint issues or hip dysplasia
- Will not flatten over time
- Foam is certified by CertiPUR-US to contain only safe and chemical-free materials
- Liner is coated with TPU, making this bed truly waterproof
- Removable cover is machine washable
- Comes in four sizes (small, medium, large, and extra large)
Made with memory foam to relieve painful joint issues, this bed is especially suited for elderly or arthritic dogs. It soothes sore muscles and aching joints. The Dog’s Bed perfectly contours to your Pit Bull’s body, giving him the best sleep he’s ever had!
- High-density memory foam provides superior comfort
- Removable and washable interior lining makes cleaning a breeze
- Provides therapeutic support for senior or arthritic Pit Bulls
- Made in a variety of colors and styles
With its stylish—and washable—denim blue cover, this bed is a solid option for larger breeds. Benefits of this orthopedic dog bed include alignment support, comfortable surface temperature, and pressure point relief. All important considerations for your Pit Bull.
Plus, this bed comes with a bonus brown suede cover—perfect for those times when the denim cover is in the wash.
- Gel-infused memory foam with temperature regulating properties
- Resistant to mold, mildew, bacteria, and dust mites—ideal for your allergy-prone Pit Bull
- Anti-skid bottom
- Waterproof internal liner
Made with microsuede fabric and filled with eco-friendly, recycled microfiber, this stylish color-blocked bed is sure to be a hit with your Pit. The raised sides offer optimal security while the low front provides easy access for your dog.
It even comes with an added bonus: a matching bone pillow arrives with every purchase.
- Unique and cozy sofa-like design
- Removable cover is machine-washable
- Choose between two stylish color schemes
- Comes with bonus accent pillow
Keeping your Pit Bull cool is critical to a night of restful sleep—something this K&H bed certainly delivers. This cot bed’s elevated design provides air circulation, and surrounding bolsters add an element of coziness.
Plus, it’s impossible to ignore the staggering reviews for this product—98 percent of reviewers on Chewy.com recommend this bed!
- Keeps your dog cool with optimal airflow
- Perfect for indoor or outdoor use
- Tool-free assembly
- Easy to transport
Options abound with this orthopedic dog bed by K9 Ballistics. You can choose from five different sizes and a bunch of stylish prints.
This bed was designed for rougher dogs. The durable cover is chew-resistant, scratch-resistant, and waterproof, making it a solid choice for your mischievous Pit Bull.
- Durable and chew-resistant
- Uses American-made, non-toxic materials
- Engineered to be long-lasting
- Easy to spot clean
- The cover is removable and machine-washable
Your Pit Bull deserves the very best, and that includes a peaceful and restful sleep. Let this handy list guide you in selecting the perfect dog bed, so your canine pal wakes up rejuvenated and ready to enjoy his day with you.