New Yorkers, if you love dogs AND coffee, we’ve got the list you need. There are tons of great coffee shops in the Big Apple, of course, but many of them can’t accommodate dogs. Limited outdoor space allows only the most dog-devoted of NYC businesses to permit pets on site. We’ve rounded up eight of these dog-friendly coffee shops around New York City, complete with cute pics and all the details you need.
1. The Bean
- Neighborhood coffee shop
- Very dog-friendly
- Bench seating out front
- Offers dog treats!
- Specialty drinks like “Rocket Fuel” and “Voodoo Child”
- Line of benches out front where dogs can hang out
- Offers dog biscuits!
- Benches and hitches for leashes out front
- Free dog treats behind the counter
- Dog-friendly crowd
- Second location on Greenwich Avenue
- Dog-friendly outdoor seating
- Raw beans arrive direct from Colombia 10 days after being picked
- Beautiful decor with plant-covered wall and skylights
- Outdoor dog-friendly bench seating
- Seating is limited, so there might be a wait
- Fresh doughnuts to go with your coffee!
6. Cafe Grumpy
- Small dog-friendly outdoor seating area with water bowls
- Uses $11,o00 Clover coffee machines to brew individual cups
- Baristas are very knowledgable
- Delicious pastries
7. The Barking Dog
- Not a dedicated coffee shop, but a canine-themed eatery
- Doggie treats available
- Other locations in the city