These popular parks in Sacramento have everything from beautiful views to grassy small dog areas and obstacle courses. Take your pick, or try them all – your four-legged friend will thank you for it!
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park.
Top 8 Dog Parks in Sacramento, CA
- Partner Dog Park
- Lynn Robie Off Leash Park
- North Natomas Regional Park
- Granite Park Dog Park
- University Dog Park
- Glenbrook Dog Park
- Tanzanite Community Dog Park
- Valley Oak Dog Park
1. Partner Dog Park
5699 S Land Park Dr, Sacramento, CA 95822
- Lots of places for dogs to wander – make sure to stick with your pup!
- Beautiful, rolling, grassy landscape that dogs adore
- Doggie water fountain
- Generally responsible owners, but some don’t pick up their dog’s poop
- Really small dogs might be able to squeeze between wrought iron fence – be careful!
- Super busy on weekends
2. Lynn Robie Off Leash Park
7895 Freeport Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95832
- Responsible and friendly dog owners
- Frisbees and tennis balls galore!
- Small and large dog areas
- Popular in the evenings, so bring social dogs by then
- Plenty of water for pups
This is a cool dog park…thanks @itskirbythedog for recommending it…we still have several hours till we are home but it was nice to stop and run around for a while #BrooklynMonroe #morkie #morkiepups #morkiesofinstagram #RockyWilliam #yorkie #yorkiepups #yorkiesofinstagram #dogpark #roadtrip #furrybabyloveclub #unitedpawsgroup #woofpackbros #sactown #lynnrobiedogpark
3. North Natomas Regional Park
4989 Natomas Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95835
- Two acres of fully-fenced space for big dogs to run
- 1/2 acre for little pups
- Water bowls provided
- Plenty of friendly dogs and owners
- Clean and well-maintained year round
- Could use more shaded areas
4. Granite Park Dog Park
8200 Ramona Ave, Sacramento, CA 95826
- Nice paved trail around the perimeter of the park
- LOTS of room to run in this two-acre park
- Welcoming and friendly locals
- Kiddie pool to keep dogs cool
- Never very crowded
5. University Park Dog Park1701 University Ave, Sacramento, CA 95825
- Separate small and large dog play areas
- Bring social dogs in the evening – that’s when it gets busy
- Responsible owners who keep an eye on their pups
- Centrally located and pretty!
- Plenty of free parking available
6. Glenbrook Dog Park
8500 La Riviera Dr, Sacramento, CA 95826
- Laid back and easygoing pups and people
- Obstacles for dogs to play with, and tunnels!
- Lots of grass and shady tress
- Finding the entrance is tricky – it’s behind the baseball fields
- No separate small dog area
7. Tanzanite Park
2220 Tanzanite Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95834
- Located right next to the water
- Separate areas for small and big dogs
- Beautiful views at sunset!
- Never very busy
8. Valley Oak Dog Park2780 Mabry Dr, Sacramento, CA 95835
- Dog-friendly watering stations
- Lots of room to run and play
- Don’t forget your poop bags!
- Get’s pretty busy in the evenings – perfect for socializing pups
- No bathrooms though, so be prepared
Have too many plans to exercise your dog properly while you’re in Sacramento? Rest easy knowing that you can easily hire a local dog walker who will be happy to show your pup around.