From parks with toys and kiddie pools, to well-maintained, grassy areas, we’ve rounded up the best options in Raleigh for getting out with your dog. There are plenty of options, so pick your favorite!
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park.
Top 6 Dog Parks in Raleigh, NC
- Millbrook Exchange Dog Park
- Carolina Pines Community Dog Park
- Oakwood Dog Park
- Ashley Wilder Dog Park
- Flaherty Dog Park
- Piney Wood Dog Park
1. Millbrook Exchange Dog Park
1905 Spring Forest Rd, Raleigh, NC 27615
- THREE separate and fenced areas for small or old dogs, large dogs and a space for both
- Well-lit for evening use!
- Friendly regulars (both people and pups)
- Lots of places to sit and relax while fido plays
- Kiddie pools for when it’s extra hot
- Big plus – the park has an awesome website!
2. Carolina Pines Community Dog Park
2305 Lake Wheeler Rd, Raleigh, NC 27603
- Separate spots for shy or small dogs and big ones
- Plenty of space for canines to run and play
- Always at least a handful of dogs for you pup to play with!
- Lots of shady places to relax and water for hot days
- Tucked away so a little hard to find for some people
3. Oakwood Dog Park
910 Brookside Dr, Raleigh, NC 27604
- Toys for your dog to enjoy!
- Separate areas for small and big dogs
- Chairs for relaxing in the shade
- Super clean and well-maintained
- Lots of furry friends to play with – evening and weekends are BUSY
4. Ashley Wilder Dog Park
Wilder Nursery Trail, Knightdale, NC 27545
- Social environment for you and your pup
- Grounds pretty, clean and well-maintained
- Plenty of big rocks and trees for curious dogs to explore
- Water right outside the gate
5. Flaherty Dog Park
1226 N White St. Wake Forest, NC 27587
- Two acres of fun for your dog
- Water stations and pet clean-up stations included
- Pet owners do a good job cleaning up after their pets
- Small walking trail by a pond!
- Parking is a cinch
6. Piney Wood Dog Park
400 E Woodcroft Pkwy, Durham, NC 27713
- Spacious, LOTS of room to run and play
- Separate areas for small and large dogs
- Friendly locals love this park
- Plenty of water for hot dogs
- Kick back in the shade and watch your pup enjoy themself!
Don’t forget to hire one of the local dog walkers on Rover if you don’t have extra time for your pup while you’re visiting Raleigh. They’ve goto you covered, and your dog will have a blast.
Want to board your dog in Raleigh? Find a loving pet sitter on Rover here.