- This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
Is your Husky getting the proper amount of sleep each day? According to Dr. Nicholas Dodman, author of Pets on the Couch, dogs need an average of ten hours of sleep per day.
But how can conscientious pet owners help their beloved Huskies enjoy a good night’s sleep?
Well, a high-quality dog bed is a good place to start. Let’s take a look at the benefits your Husky will enjoy with his own bed.
- A dog bed will protect his physique: a good dog bed will maintain your pet’s alignment and relieve painful pressure points. Huskies, unfortunately, are prone to arthritic ailments like hip dysplasia. A high-quality bed is a key player in prevention.
- It’s a personal sanctuary: While your affectionate Husky probably prefers to spend the bulk of his time snuggling up with you, there will be moments when he needs a special place of his own to check out of the household chaos. A dog bed can become his own peaceful retreat.
- It helps preserve your furniture: Hair, hair, everywhere! It’s the reality of most pet owners, but you can minimize the tufts of fur that gather on your sofa by encouraging your Husky to sleep in his own bed.
With so many beds on the market, how do you choose the one that’s right for your Husky?
We’ve simplified the buying process for you by breaking down the critical features you need to consider.
- Durability: Huskies are notoriously mischievous and destructive (even when they’re just playing). Their beds must be sturdy as well as large enough to hold a Husky’s weight.
- Washability: The fact is Huskies shed. A lot. They also enjoy traipsing through the mud since they spend much of their time outdoors. Easy washing is a must! (think: removable and waterproof cover.)
- Proper ventilation: Huskies are naturally warmer dogs, so an elevated cooling bed might be the way to go, especially if you live in a warmer climate.
Now that we understand what to look for in the perfect Husky bed, let’s explore which bed is best for your individual dog. We’ve rounded up a comprehensive list to narrow down your search for the best one on the market. (You’re welcome.)
The elevated design of this sturdy bed will keep your Husky cool and dry. It’s suitable for indoor or outdoor use, comes in a range of colors, and will hold up to regular cleaning.
- Aluminum legs are chew-proof
- Ballistic Nylon is resistant to abrasion
- Comes in four attractive colors
- Waterproof fabric
- Ideal for indoor or outdoor use
This mattress may be on the thin side, but that can actually be a positive feature. As one reviewer put it—this bed is easier for older dogs to get out of because of its non-bulky size. Its lightweight, foldable material makes it a good choice for pet owners who like to travel with their canine companions.
- Soft—and oh-so-cozy—surface makes an inviting sleep area
- Easy to fold and transport
- Anti-slip rubber bottom
- Perfect for crates or carriers
- Machine washable
- Affordable price
Made with memory foam to relieve painful joint issues, this bed is especially suited for elderly or arthritic dogs. It soothes sore muscles and aching joints. The Dog’s Bed perfectly contours to your Husky’s body, giving him the best sleep he’s ever had!
- High-density memory foam provides superior comfort
- Removable and washable interior lining makes cleaning a breeze
- Provides therapeutic support for senior or arthritic Huskies
- Made in a variety of colors and styles
This nesting bed is ideal for the Husky who prefers a bit of privacy at bedtime. The sherpa interior will keep your dog warm and cozy during the colder months. Your dog will feel protected when he’s snuggled up in this bed.
- Made in over 40 colors to suit any taste
- Fully machine-washable
- Ideal for the dog who likes to burrow under blankets
- Orthopedic foam allows older dogs to easily climb in and out
Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed (Headrest Edition) (Verified Review)
This American-made orthopedic bed was designed with larger breeds in mind, making it a great option for your Husky. The majority of reviews for this bed are positively glowing. Customers love the bed’s extreme comfort and durability. And their canine pals agree: this one hits it out of the ballpark!
Verified review: “This bed is outrageously comfortable. So comfortable, in fact, that we considered throwing a sheet on it and using it for sleepovers. It absolutely lives up to expectations: It’s huge, comfortable, and high-quality. But I’ve really gotta emphasize the “huge” here. You need primo floor real estate to make space for this thing (ed note: Our reviewer tested this bed in size extra large for her Husky). Despite our dog’s enjoyment, we may not be able to keep it long-term—there just isn’t a good spot to put it where it doesn’t block a door, a chair, or some point of egress. If you purchase this bed, plan ahead for placement. You’re investing in a high-quality and rather enormous new addition to your home. But if you can swing it, your dog will love you for it. The only “complaint” (if you can call it that) that I have is that this bed is more than big, it’s huuuuge. But that’s what I signed up for and boy did they deliver! It’s a terrific, exceptionally comfortable dog bed for big dogs who love a little luxury.”Buy Now on Amazon
The round shape of this “donut” dog bed makes it an ideal option for the Husky who likes to curl up in his nest. Your dog will feel so secure snuggled within the bolstered sides of this cozy rounded bed.
- Faux shag fur makes this bed especially cozy
- Made with pet-safe materials
- Machine washable
- Unfortunately, this one’s not the best choice for teething puppies
Sold in three neutral shades and four sizes ranging from Small to XXL Jumbo, PetFusion’s Ultimate Dog Bed will help maintain your Husky’s joint health.
The breathable polyester and cotton blend fabric and memory foam base will guarantee your Husky gets some restorative zzz’s. Exactly what your furry friend deserves.
- Relieves arthritis
- Improves your dog’s mobility and overall energy
- Water and tear-resistant cover
- Support bolsters use recycled “green” materials
- Made with skin-safe materials
Composed of two layers of premium foam, this bed by Milliard is designed to conform to your dog’s contours. It’s firm enough to help older or arthritic dogs stand up after a restful nap.
One reviewer praised this bed, stating her dog and cat fight over who gets to sleep in it!
- Ideal for aging dogs or dogs who suffer from joint issues or hip dysplasia
- Will not flatten over time
- Foam is certified by CertiPUR-US to contain only safe and chemical-free materials
- Liner is coated with TPU, making this bed truly waterproof
- Removable cover is machine washable
- Comes in four sizes (small, medium, large, and extra-large)
Your sleepy Husky will love curling up in this stylish lounger by Petsbao. The high-density memory foam delivers exceptional comfort and the sleek design will blend seamlessly with your home decor.
- Provides comfort for sore joints and painful pressure points
- Stain-resistant and tear-resistant outer cover
- Hypoallergenic, water-resistant liner keeps the foam dry
- Minimalistic, sleek design fits well with any home design
Keeping your Husky cool is critical to a night of restful sleep—something this K&H bed certainly delivers. This cot’s elevated design provides air circulation, making it an ideal choice for your easily overheated Husky.
Surrounding bolsters add an element of coziness and a place for your dog to rest his head. Plus, it’s hard to ignore the staggering reviews for this product—98 percent of reviewers on Chewy.com recommend this bed!
- Keeps your dog cool with optimal airflow
- Perfect for indoor or outdoor use
- Tool-free assembly
- Easy to transport
We know that you want only the very best for your Husky—so do we! Let this handy list guide you in selecting the perfect dog bed for your canine pal. Your well-rested Husky will be one happy doggie.