- This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
Is your Husky getting the proper amount of sleep each day? According to Dr. Nicholas Dodman, author of Pets on the Couch, dogs need an average of ten hours of sleep per day.
But how can conscientious pet owners help their beloved Huskies enjoy a good night’s sleep?
Well, a high-quality dog bed is a good place to start. Let’s take a look at the benefits your Husky will enjoy with his own bed.
Benefits of a good dog bed for your Husky
- A dog bed will protect his physique
A good dog bed will maintain your pet’s alignment and relieve painful pressure points. Huskies, unfortunately, are prone to arthritic ailments like hip dysplasia. A high-quality bed is a key player in prevention.
- It’s a personal sanctuary
While your affectionate Husky probably prefers to spend the bulk of his time snuggling up with you, there will be moments when he needs a special place of his own to check out of the household chaos. A dog bed can become his own peaceful retreat.
- It helps preserve your furniture
Hair, hair, everywhere! It’s the reality of most pet owners, but you can minimise the tufts of fur that gather on your sofa by encouraging your Husky to sleep in his own bed.
With so many beds on the market, how do you choose the one that’s right for your Husky?
We’ve simplified the buying process for you by breaking down the critical features you need to consider.
What to look for in a dog bed for your Husky
Huskies are notoriously mischievous and destructive (even when they’re just playing). Their beds must be sturdy as well as large enough to hold a Husky’s weight.
The fact is Huskies shed. A lot. They also enjoy traipsing through the mud since they spend much of their time outdoors. Easy washing is a must! (Think: removable and waterproof covers.)
- Proper ventilation
Huskies are naturally warmer dogs, so an elevated cooling bed might be the way to go, especially if you live in a warmer climate.
Now that we understand what to look for in the perfect Husky bed, let’s explore which bed is best for your individual dog. We’ve rounded up a comprehensive list to narrow down your search for the best one on the market. (You’re welcome.)
The elevated design of this sturdy bed will keep your Husky cool and dry. It’s suitable for indoor or outdoor use with non-skid rubber feet to protect your floors and stop from sliding around when your dog jumps on and off.
- Easy to wash with a hose or soap and water
- For dogs up to 38kg
- Durable Teslin mesh fabric
- Ideal for indoor or outdoor use
This mattress may be on the thin side, but that can actually be a positive feature. As one reviewer put it—this bed is easier for older dogs to get out of because of its non-bulky size. Its lightweight, foldable material makes it a good choice for pet owners who like to travel with their canine companions.
- Soft—and oh-so-cosy—surface makes an inviting sleep area
- Easy to fold and transport
- Anti-slip rubber bottom
- Perfect for crates or carriers
- Machine washable
- Affordable price
Made with memory foam to relieve painful joint issues, this bed is especially suited for elderly or arthritic dogs. It soothes sore muscles and aching joints. The Dog’s Bed perfectly contours to your Husky’s body, giving him the best sleep he’s ever had!
- High-density memory foam provides superior comfort
- Removable and washable interior lining makes cleaning a breeze
- Provides therapeutic support for senior or arthritic Huskies
- Made in a variety of colours and styles
This nesting bed is ideal for the Husky who prefers a bit of privacy at bedtime. The sherpa interior will keep your dog warm and cosy during the colder months. And your dog will always feel protected when he’s snuggled up in this bed.
- Made in 15 colours to suit any taste
- Fully machine-washable
- Ideal for the dog who likes to burrow under blankets
- Orthopaedic foam allows older dogs to easily climb in and out
For Huskies who love nothing more than a good snooze, this is a luxurious option for the most discerning of pets. With 7 inches of thick memory foam and a further three inches in the bolster pillow for your dog’s sleepy head, he’s sure to enjoy the most comfortable snooze he’s ever had.
- Great for pets with arthritic joints or muscle issues
- Hypoallergenic memory foam is comparable to that in high-end human mattresses
- Waterproof zippered cover in case of spills or accidents
- Plush suede fabric with anti-slip bottom
Another great option from The Dog’s Bed, he round shape of this “doughnut” dog bed makes it an ideal option for the Husky who likes to curl up in his nest. Your dog will feel very secure snuggled within the bolstered sides, reducing any anxiety or vulnerability.
- Self-warming vegan fur pile keeps your dog nice and toasty
- Made with pet-safe materials and machine washable
- Comes in 8 neutral colours to suit your interiors
- Unfortunately, this one’s not the best choice for teething puppies
Sold in three neutral shades and four sizes ranging from Small to XXL Jumbo, PetFusion’s Ultimate Dog Bed will help maintain your Husky’s joint health. The breathable polycotton blend fabric and memory foam base will guarantee your Husky gets some restorative zzz’s. It’s exactly what your furry best friend deserves.
- Relieves arthritis
- Improves your dog’s mobility and overall energy
- Water and tear-resistant cover
- Support bolsters use recycled “green” materials
- Made with skin-safe materials
Perfect for popping in your dog’s crate or as a standalone bed, this dog bed for Huskies has egg-crate foam for ultimate support and comfort. Plus it’s firm enough to help older or arthritic dogs stand up after a restful nap.
One reviewer praised this bed, stating it’s so comfy, it might even be better than her own bed!
- Ideal for senior dogs or pups who suffer from joint issues or hip dysplasia
- Egg-crate luxe foam will not flatten over time
- Liner is coated with TPU, making this bed truly waterproof
- Removable cover is machine washable
- Free of toxins, chemicals, flame retardants, and heavy metals
Like a giant fleecy pillow, this dog bed for Huskies from AcornPets is just right for dogs up to 50kg. The soft comfortable material retains heat for a cosy snooze in front of the telly.
- Filled with premium 3D PP cotton for great support
- Detachable, washable cover for easy cleaning
- Anti-chew, anti-fade and anti-pill fabric
- Water-resistant, mildew-proof inner lining
Keeping your Husky cool can be critical to a night of restful sleep in warmer climates and hot summers. This cot’s elevated design provides air circulation, making it an ideal choice for your easily overheated Husky.
Surrounding bolsters add a place for your dog to rest his head and you can choose from five colours to suit your dog’s personality.
- Keeps your dog cool with optimal airflow
- Perfect for indoor or outdoor use
- Quick and easy assembly with all tools included
- Easy to transport for picnics, camping or road trips!
We know that you want only the very best for your Husky, and so do we! Let this handy list guide you in selecting the perfect dog bed for your favourite canine pal. Your well-rested Husky will be one happy doggie.
The Rover blog is your go-to place to find all the best dog accessories and products, with advice and reviews on everything from the top leashes and harnesses to the best doggy Halloween costumes. Check out some more of our articles below to get up to speed with everything your dog could ever want or need!