- This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
Is your French Bulldog getting the restorative sleep he needs? According to Dr. Nicholas Dodman, author of Pets on the Couch, dogs need an average of ten hours of sleep per day.
So, how can you help your canine pal get the rest his body requires? For starters, a high-quality dog bed will significantly improve your dog’s sleeping habits.
- Relieves joint pain: A high-quality dog bed will soothe your dog’s aching joints while preventing future arthritic issues.
- Eases separation anxiety: We all need a place where we can get away from it all. Your French Bulldog is no different. Encouraging him to use his own bed will help him associate alone time with peaceful relaxation.
- Protects your own furniture: Tired of the hair and odors that are constantly besieging your furniture? A dog bed is the simplest solution. Keeping your French Bulldog off the couch is easier when he has his own bed to curl up in.
- Size: the average Frenchie weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 16-28 pounds with a height of about 11 inches. Measure your dog in a sleeping position, and shop for beds accordingly.
- Durability: If your French Bulldog is a habitual chewer, opt for a bed made with sturdy, chew-proof materials.
- Washability: If your Frenchie is a slightly messy pooch, a bed with a removable outer cover is a good option.
- Enclosed Style: A covered, cave-like bed might be the best option if your Frenchie prefers the comfort of a snuggly, enclosed retreat.
Your search for the perfect dog bed for your French Bulldog ends here. Let’s take a look at our favorite picks.
The cozy factor of this donut-shaped bed is undeniable. Perfect for small to medium-sized dogs, the Cozy Curler is made with a double layer of orthopedic foam and fully padded pillows for optimum comfort.
If your Frenchie likes to curl up for naptime, this bed is sure to be a hit.
- Orthopedic foam provides pressure point relief
- Cozy, circular design is best suited for dogs who like to curl up while sleeping
- Faux fur adds warmth and comfort
- Stylish gray fabric will match with any home decor
Give your French Bulldog a touch of privacy with this adorable tent bed. He’ll love the super soft poly-foam lining and ultra-plush pillow. Designed in a range of colors, it’ll blend in seamlessly with your regular furniture. This bed is made for longevity and can be tossed into the washing machine without losing its shape.
- Provides the secure, safe, snuggly feeling your Frenchie needs
- The whole thing is machine-washable
- Anti-skid base keeps it in place
- Attractive corduroy or suede finishes available in a range of colors
- At $23, this affordable bed is made for every budget
Made with human-grade mattress foam, this orthopedic option will have your French Bulldog snoozing in no time. Poly-filled bolsters give your dog a soft place to rest his head and provide crucial bone support.
The anti-tear cover is made to hold up to everyday use, making it a good choice for an overly energetic Frenchie.
- Relieves joint and arthritis pain
- Poly-filled bolsters add additional support and comfort
- The anti-tear cover is designed to last
- The cover is removable and machine-washable
The round shape of this “donut” dog bed makes it an ideal option for the French Bulldog who likes to curl up in his nest. Your dog will feel so secure snuggled within the bolstered sides of this cozy rounded bed.
- Faux shag fur makes this bed especially cozy
- Made with pet-safe materials
- Machine washable
- Unfortunately, this one’s not the best choice for teething puppies
C’mon. This bed wins major points on cuteness alone. Your Frenchie will love drifting off to dreamland in this chic and charming teepee. Plus, it adds an eye-catching focal point to any room.
This cozy bed comes with a coordinating cushion, perfect for cuddle time.
- Adds a quirky and unique look to your home
- Made with flame-retardant and mildew-resistant cotton canvas
- Easy to assemble
- For indoor or outdoor use
- Can be machine-washed on gentle cycle
Composed of two layers of premium foam, this bed by Milliard is designed to conform to your dog’s contours. It’s firm enough to help older or arthritic dogs stand up after a restful nap.
One reviewer praised this bed, stating her dog and cat fight over who gets to sleep in it!
- Ideal for aging dogs or dogs who suffer from joint issues
- Will not flatten over time
- Foam is certified by CertiPUR-US to contain only safe and chemical-free materials
- Liner is coated with TPU, making this bed truly waterproof
- Removable cover is machine washable
- Comes in four sizes (small, medium, large, and extra large)
Sold in three neutral shades and four sizes ranging from Small to XXL Jumbo, PetFusion’s Ultimate Dog Bed will become a favorite spot for your French Bull Dog to snooze.
The comfy memory foam promotes joint health, leading to improved mobility and energy—exactly what your furry friend deserves.
- Comfortable memory foam is ideal for senior or arthritic dogs
- The waterproof liner adds extra protection
- Removable, washable cover
- Outer bolsters provide a comfy surface to rest tired heads
- Made with skin-safe material
With its stylish—and washable—denim blue cover, this bed is a solid option. Benefits of this orthopedic dog bed include alignment support, comfortable surface temperature, and pressure point relief. All important considerations for your Frenchie.
Plus, this bed comes with a bonus brown suede cover—perfect for those times when the denim cover is in the wash.
- Gel-infused memory foam with temperature regulating properties
- Resistant to mold, mildew, bacteria, and dust mites
- Anti-skid bottom
- Waterproof internal liner
How can you not smile when you see your dog curled up in this adorable pineapple bed? This cheeky and cuddly covered bed is the perfect spot for your French Bulldog to hide away.
Designed with your pet’s comfort in mind, this bed is lined with a soft, plush cushion that can be removed and hand-washed.
- Playful and fun design
- Made of non-toxic polyester
- Available in two sizes (small and medium)
- The cushion is removable but must be hand-washed
Your French Bulldog deserves—and needs—a peaceful and restful sleep. With the proper dog bed, you can help maintain his health while ensuring he wakes up every morning feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on the day with you.
- The 15 Best Dog Harnesses for Every Kind of Dog
- The 12 Best Toys for French Bulldogs
- The 11 Best Foods for French Bulldogs