There’s nothing quite like looking into your new pet’s eyes and choosing the perfect name that feels, well, perfect. Whether you’re basing it on your pet’s personality, your favorite author, TV character, or sports figure, or your current obsession, it’s got to be just right. And that’s fortunate, since you’ll likely end up hollering it across the house about a million times.
Which dog and cat names are popular this year in San Jose? Did your pet’s name make the top 5 locally? Or maybe even the top 100 in the country? As the nation’s largest network of dog walkers and pet sitters, Rover has heard just about every pet name there is. We dug through our data to find the most popular cat and dog names in San Jose this year, along with trending picks. Check ‘em out.
San Jose’s Top Dog and Cat Names
Did your dog or cat’s name make the list?
Top 5 Male Dog Names
Top 5 Female Dog Names
Top 5 Male Cat Names
Top 5 Female Cat Names
These cat and dog names have jumped up most in popularity this year. They showcase what’s gaining traction in San Jose.
- #1 Trending Dog Name: Maxie
- #1 Trending Cat Name: Bella
San Jose Pet Name Trends for 2019
- See the dentist, San Jose, you’ve got a serious sweet tooth: Something about your South Bay geography has got you all loving the candy-inspired dog names. This year, Butter, Candy, and Truffle were all trending for your canine pals.
- Bay Area hipsterdom is well and alive in San Jose: Sure San Francisco and Oakland may get all the attention for being hipster meccas, but when it comes to naming your pets, San Jose holds it own with hipster names. This past year Lucy was trending for hipster dogs while Lulu was hot for cat owners.
More Fun for San Jose’s Dogs
San Jose pet parents have plenty of options for dog-friendly activities, indoors and out. Check out some of our favorite options below.
- The Top 7 Dog Parks in San Jose, CA
- 7 Best Dog Friendly Pubs in San Jose, Ca
- 6 Best Dog Friendly Hikes Near San Jose, CA
Need Care for Your Cat or Dog?
Thanks to Rover, it’s never been easier to find a trusted dog walker or pet sitter in your neighborhood. Search and book the perfect sitter to take care of your Max. Or Luna. Or Bella. Or Kitty. Or Oliver. Or Jack….