There’s plenty to do with your pup when you’re visiting Brooklyn – you can even take them to the beach. We’ve rounded up a list of the best dog beaches in the area for you and your buddy to explore – your four-legged friend is going to love it!
4 Best Dog-Friendly Beaches in Brooklyn
- Dog Beach at North Meadow
- Gerittsen Avenue Beach
- Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Various New York City Beaches
1. Dog Beach at North Meadow
95 Prospect Park West
Brooklyn, NY 11215
- Located in the beautiful Prospect Park in Brooklyn
- There are huge areas for your pup to run and play!
- Dogs can be off-leash in the early mornings and late evenings
- The beach area is accessible via the 9th Street entrance
- Use caution – the water at the Dog Beach gets deep quickly!
2. Gerritsen Avenue Beach
3078 Gerritsen Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11229
- Special little bay area that humans and dogs adore!
- The beach gets crowded on weekends, so be prepared
- It’s best to take your dogs past the main entrance – that’s where the families and children are usually hanging out
3. Brooklyn Bridge Park
Pier 4 Beach
Brooklyn, NY 11201
- To get to the water, you’re going to want to head to Pier 4 Beach
- People don’t swim in this spot, but it’s great for dogs who want to cool off
- Great, central location for city dogs
4. New York City Beaches
LOVE ❤️ 🐶 🐱 🐾 #statenisland #statenislandnewyork #siny #silive #statenislandny #donganhills #southbeachstatenisland #newdorplane #newdorp #midlandbeach #arrochar #midlandbeachstatenisland #dogsofinstagram #catsofinstagram #dogwalker #catsitter #animallover #statenislanddogs #statenislanddogwalker #statenislandbusinesses #supportsmallbusinesses #statenislandlocalbusiness #pawsomepetcareSI #verrazanobridge
- Dogs aren’t allowed on many beaches, but there are a few they can visit!
- Leashed dogs are allowed at Wolfe’s Pond Beach (420 Cornelia Ave. Staten Island, NY 1031), Cedar Grove Beach (170-178 Cedar Grove Ave. New Dorp Beach, NY 10306), Coney Island Beach (37 Riegelmann Boardwalk Brooklyn, NY 11224) and others.
- Visit the NYC Parks website to get specifics about each beach and the rules!
- Beautiful, sandy beach just perfect for your pup’s paws
Want to make sure your dog is getting enough exercise while you’re exploring Brooklyn? Not to worry – hire a local dog walker who would love to take them under their wing as you both have a blast in New York.