Whether you’re looking for a well-maintained park, shaded benches or doggie fountains, this list of parks in Salt Lake City has everything you’re looking for.
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park!
Top 7 Dog Parks in Salt Lake City
- Herman Franks Park
- Tanner Park
- Parley’s Nature Reserve
- Lindsey Gardens Dog Park
- Rotary Glen Dog Park
- Cottonwood Park Off Leash Area
- Memory Grove Park
1. Herman Franks Park1371 S 700th E., Salt Lake City, UT 84105
- Not very fancy, but packed with pups to play with!
- Water and waste bags available
- Plenty of room for dogs to run
- The gravel makes it a little dusty on super hot days
- Shaded benches for humans
2. Tanner Park
2760 Heritage Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84109
- You’re supposed to keep your pups leashed when you’re wandering through this park (although some dogs will be running around free)
- There’s a creeks with dogs can splash around
- No bathrooms or fountains – you’re definitely in nature
- Dirt and rock road can be a little tricky when you’re hiking, so prepare!
- Waste stations available
3. Parley’s Nature Reserve2740 S 2700th E., Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Another great park to take your leashed dogs into nature
- River runs the length of the reserves – perfect for swimming and cooling off
- Certain areas are off-leash designated
- Beautiful scenery
4. Lindsey Gardens Dog Park
26 M St, Salt Lake City, UT 84103
- Beautiful park for your pup to explore
- NOT fenced, so you’ll have to keep a close eye on wandering dogs
- Pick up after your pet!
- Doggie water fountain available
5. Rotary Glen Dog Park
2903 Kennedy Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84108
- HUGE area for running free and playing fetch
- Stream (but it’s a little bit of a hike)
- Just remember to bring a towel – gets a little muddy
- Lovely place to relax with your four-legged friend
6. Cottonwood Park Off Leash Area
1580 W North Star Dr 300 North, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
- Well-maintained park with green grass!
- Lots of trees make this park shady and cool in the summer
- Responsible owners who clean up after their pets
- The fact that it’s a little hard to find makes it a hidden gems for locals!
- Doggie fountain on premises
7. Memory Grove Park
300 Canyon Rd, Salt Lake City, UT 84103
- Creek for pups to frolic in (just stay clear of the lake)
- Heads up – parking can sometimes be limited
- Friendly and respectful dog owners
- LOTS of room and trails where dogs can roam
Need some help exercising your dog while you’re in town? Rest easy knowing that you can easily hire a local dog walker who will be happy to show your pup around.