Beautiful Colorado Springs is full of natural wonders and fun for the whole family, including the dog! From quiet neighborhood parks to off-leash Rocky Mountain vistas, we’ve rounded up the best dog parks in town.
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park!
The Top Dog Parks in Colorado Springs, CO
- Bear Creek Dog Park
- Cheyenne Meadows Dog Park
- Rampart Dog Park
- Red Rock Canyon Open Space
- Garden of the Gods Dog Park
1. Bear Creek Dog Park
S 21st St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
- The undisputed best of the best when it comes to dog parks in Colorado!
- 25 fully-fenced acres to roam, including open prairie, hills, and woods.
- Dedicated area for small and senior dogs, and separate agility area for athletic hounds
- Creek for your pup to splash around in
- Very popular, so best for social dogs who love a crowd. Learn more here!
2. Cheyenne Meadows Dog Park
1560 Charmwood Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- Small neighborhood dog park favored by local community members
- Separate play areas for large/active and small/senior dogs
- Wood chips on the ground and logs to play on
- Not a ton of shade, so you may want to bring your own
3. Rampart Dog Park
8270 Lexington Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- Big enough to tire your dog out, but small enough to keep an eye on them
- Agility area for extra fun
- Walking trail surrounding the park for pre- or post-park rambles
- Incredible views
4. Red Rocks Open Space
3550 W High St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
- Located in a city preserve with walking & biking trails (so be mindful of where your dog roams)
- Off-leash area is not fully fenced, so best for dogs with good recall!
- Scenic views of red rock formations
- Two off-leash loop trails for nature walks with your pup
- Dogs must be leashed in all other areas of the park
There is peaceful. There is wild. I am both at the same time. • • • • • #hiLarryous #summervibes #dogsthathike #hikingwithdogs #staycool #adventureswithdogs #exploremore #adventure #colorado #coloradosprings #summervacation #bordercolliemix #pitmix #australiankelpie #redrocksopenspace #views #larrydouglas
5. Garden of the Gods Dog Area
1805 N 30th St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
- A registered National Natural Landmark with dramatic views and towering sandstone rock formations
- Dogs allowed on-leash on all park trails. Off-leash play is restricted to one area.
- Off-leash area is located south of Gateway Road, West of 30th Street, and east of Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site.
Yea…I was born with this body!???? #gardenofthedogs #bentleythemountaingoat #coloradobulldog #dogswhohike #adventuredog • • • #englishbulldog #bulldogdays #bestwoof #bullyinstafeature #bulldogsofig #igwoofs #abulldogthing #bullyinstagram #bulldogdreams #englishbulldog #bulldog_feature #bulldogdays #bullypics #pupdoggydog #englishbulldog_feature #bulldog_corner #myinstabully #bullypics #barkhappy #igbulldogs_worldwide #Bullylove #squishyfacecrew #loveabully #abulldogthing #theworldofbullies #superdogsdaily #hikingdogsofinstagram #coloradofunmagazine
Need a little help walking your dog while you’re in Colorado Springs? Rest easy knowing that you can hire a local dog walker who will be happy to show your pooch around.