There aren’t a whole lot of dog parks in Columbus, OH. But there are a few really good ones (including an indoor option), and we’re here to tell you all about them!
Click on the parks in the map below for more info, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park.
Top Four Dog Parks in Columbus, OH
- Godown Dog Park
- Scioto Audubon Metro Park Dog Park
- Tail Wags Playground
- Friends of Alum Creek Dog Park
1. Godown Dog Park
6099 Godown Rd, Columbus, OH 43235
- Separate, spacious areas for small and large dogs
- Plenty of trees for shade
- Poop bags sometimes provided; bring some to share!
- Large parking lot
2. Scioto Audubon Metro Park
400 W Whittier St, Columbus, OH 43215
- Large city park along the banks of the Scioto River
- Fenced-in dog park is 2.5 acres
- Separate areas for large and small dogs
- Agility course for fun and training
3. Tail Wags Playground
1010 W 5th Ave, Columbus, OH 43212
- An INDOOR dog park for all-weather play!
- Front room “on-leash lounge” features coffee, snacks, and free WiFi for human guests, so you can get work done with your dog (dogs must be leashed in this space)
- Back room is a 5,000 square foot “indoor yard” with dog-friendly rubber flooring and separate play areas
4. Friends of Allum Creek Dog Park
3993 Hollenback Rd, Lewis Center, OH 43035
- Just north of Columbus for a quick escape-the-city adventure
- Huge area for dogs to run
- Three fenced-in lake access areas for dogs who love to swim
- Two separate, gated areas for small and large dogs
- Hose hookup for post-swim cleaning
Happy weekend! The big dog park is now open and construction has stated on the small dog park…a few more weeks of sharing! The grass is a bit long but will be mowed soon! The @ohioinstadogs group didn't mind as they held their annual meet up today! #alumcreekdogpark #dogpark #lewiscenter #friendsofalumcreekdogpark
Working hard and need help exercising your dog while you’re in Columbus? You can easily hire a local dog walkerwho will be happy to show your pup around.