When making your way through the great city of Jacksonville, FL, it’s essential to make the proper pit stops for your pup. Luckily we’ve got you covered with dog parks ranging from GIANT fields for pups, to small hidden gems the locals love. Take your pick from the places we’ve discovered!
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park!
Top 7 Dog Parks in Jacksonville
- Dog Wood Park of Jacksonville
- Confederate Point Dog Park
- Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park & Beach
- St. John’s Town Center Dog Park
- Ed Austin Dog Park
- Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park
- SOceanWay Park
1. Dog Wood Park of Jacksonville
7407 Salisbury Road
Jacksonville, FL 32256
- 42-acres for dog swimming and playing – one of the country’s largest fenced dog parks
- Paid membership required on an annual or month-to-month basis OR you can come as a visitor for $11/day
- Proof of rabies shot required, male dogs over 8 months must be neutered
- Features Lake Bow Wow – 2 acre swimming lake for dogs
- Huge fields for Frisbee and ball fun
- Wooded area with trails for pup-owner exploring
- Small dog area with its own lake (Lake Fifi)
2. Confederate Point Dog Park
949 Hubbard St.
Jacksonville, FL 32206
- Separate fenced sections for small and large dogs
- Waste disposal stations, doggie drinking fountains
- Drinking fountains for pups and people
- Huge field that’s perfect for running freely
- Panoramic view of downtown Jacksonville
- Located in the heart of historic Springfield, a lively neighborhood
3. Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park & Beach
500 Wonderwood Dr.
Jacksonville, FL 32233
- Costs $1 per person from 8 a.m. – 10 a.m., $3 per car (up to 6 people) after 10 a.m.
- Dogs must be leashed, but are welcome in most areas of the park
- 450-acres with water park, freshwater lake, pet-friendly campground and trails
- BBQ pits available near the lake
4. St. John’s Town Center Dog Park
4663 River City Dr.
Jacksonville, FL 32246-7429
- Located at St. John’s Town Center behind J Crew and adjacent to Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Convenient location, but super small
- Hand sanitizer and poop bags provided
5. Ed Austin Dog Park
11751 McCormick Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32225
- Park within a park! Used to be an 18-hole golf course and has been transformed into an exercise complex
- 4 acre off-leash dog park
- Lots of shade, trees, and tables
- Separate small dog area
- Don’t forget your bug spray!
6. Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park
Jacksonville Naval Air Station
7000 Roosevelt Ave.
Jacksonville, FL 32244
- Jacksonville’s largest city-maintained public park
- The dog park (inside the main park) has separate off-leash areas for small and large dogs
- Plenty of parks for roaming with your (leashed) four-legged friend
- Lots of shade and plenty of space for the pups
- Pack some extra water as there’s no running water inside the off-leash area
7. OceanWay Park
12215 Sago Ave.
Jacksonville, FL 32218
- Separate off-leash areas for small and large dogs
- Pet water fountain for keeping dogs hydrated
- Plenty of paths and benches for the family
Hitting up some beaches and landmarks that aren’t quite as dog-friendly? Lucky for you there are plenty of dog walkers you can hire in the area! Your dog will most definitely appreciate a little TLC from a local.