How do you show your dog just how much you love them? You’ve chosen the perfect name, the best dog walker, the cutest Halloween costume—and now it’s time for homemade treats. Making your own doggy treats is easy, fun, and healthy for your pooch. Sweet pup Midge brought her her canine chef skills to the Rover office to show you how it’s done.
DIY Pupkin Pies for Dogs
These adorable pumpkin pies for dogs are not only pretty, but they’re packed with nutrients and fiber. They’re also sugar-free, gluten-free, and optionally dairy-free. Because dogs also deserve something special for the holidays!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Yield: 24 pieces
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Oat flour (choose gluten-free if your dog is sensitive)
- Unsweetened pumpkin
- Low-fat plain yogurt (optional)
- Mix flour and applesauce and roll into a dough ball.
- Divide equally into 24 pieces and press firmly into mini-muffin pan to form crust.
- Bake at 350 for 8 min.
- Let cool before removing from pan.
- Mix mashed banana and pumpkin purée.
- Divide mixture into 24 servings and fill baked pie shells.
- Optional: add a dollop of low-fat yogurt to finish.
Watch it in action!