Dog-friendly companies are trending from coast to coast with companies of all sizes prioritizing dog-friendly perks and benefits that can result in lower employee stress and even encourage collaboration across teams. And with its plentiful dog parks, off-leash trails, and dog-friendly bars and eateries—not to mention our primary Rover.com home base— it’s no surprise Seattle businesses are prioritizing dog-friendly offices.
Inspired by our mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the love of a dog, Rover—the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers—dug into the data from working pet parents and companies, then applied a proprietary Rover ranking to determine the most dog-friendly offices in Seattle (and nationwide). The companies that made our list take dog-friendliness to the next level with perks, benefits, and office cultures inspired by our pets.
The best dog-friendly companies in Seattle
This Seattle-based behemoth needs no introduction—but you might be surprised to learn that they’ve made dog-friendliness a cornerstone of the office culture. With over 6,000 employee dogs registered and up to 500 in the office on any given day, Amazon’s Seattle team enjoys special dog-friendly events, benefits, and most importantly, loads of snuggles. Who knew the world’s largest e-commerce business was powered by puppy love?
- Discount on pet insurance
- Dog park on campus
- Annual summer event, Amazon Doggy Days
- Dog-friendly water fountain stations
- Designated dog run area (including a fake fire hydrant!)
- Free poop bags
As a pet insurance company, Trupanion has a deep understanding of the importance of keeping our dogs close. “Trupanion is a leader in medical insurance for cats and dogs,” explains Michael at Trupanion. “Having our dogs (and cats) in the workplace is part of our DNA and a great reminder as to why we come into work every day: to help the pets we all love receive the best veterinary care.” To that end, they’ve taken the task of building a dog-friendly office culture seriously with a suite of benefits designed for dog people—including in-house dog walkers on staff and available for workday walks. It’s an important perk for a company that boasts one of the highest pet-to-employee ratios in the country: 600 (human) employees and more than 300 registered dogs (plus a few cats!) in the office.
- Full coverage of pet insurance
- In-house dog walkers: Each dog receives at least one walk per day.
- Non-slip floors to help dogs feel safe and fear-free.
- 3 days of PTO for pet bereavement
- Pet holiday events including a Halloween costume contest and Valentine’s Day pet kissing booth.
- Annual employee pet food drive
- Pet Emergency Team to respond to any animal issues
A global leader in internet data and analysis, Ookla brings its A-game to an office culture and space crafted for dog people.
- Partial coverage for pet insurance
- Bereavement days extend to pets (and the company sense sympathy gifts to honor their loss)
- Slack channel for dog lovers
- Hosted events with Bravepup (rescue puppies delivered to the office for employee wellness)
- Dog-friendly hotel accommodations for remote employees
With a site driven by the community itself, RealSelf uses reviews and popularity rankings to provide insight about aesthetic medicine and cosmetic treatments. To top it off, they’re pretty dog-friendly too. “RealSelf recognizes that pets are members of the family, and that the loss of a pet can cause great grief. We offer one day of paid leave due to the death of a family dog or cat,” says Stephanie at RealSelf.
- 1 extra day of PTO for pet bereavement
- Partial coverage for pet insurance
This Seattle-based global digital marketing agency supports brands with everything from strategy to mobile development. To keep their talented team motivated and engaged, POSSIBLE’s office makes it easier to bring your dog to work by offering pet parents where they can request help to watch or while their dog while they’re busy during meetings and client lunches.
- Dog owner Slack channel for helping each other out
Discover dog-friendly Seattle
Dog people have a lot of reasons to love Seattle. We’ve captured many of them here: from dog-friendly hikes to great dog beaches. We’ve got you covered with dog care tips and destinations you and your dog can both enjoy.
- 8 Dog-Friendly Coffee Shops in Seattle
- 7 Seattle Urban Adventures to Enjoy with Your Dog
- Seattle’s Indoor Off-Leash Dog Parks: 6 Things to Know Before You Go
- Top Dog-Friendly Hikes Near Seattle
- Top Dog-Friendly Campgrounds Near Seattle