From sprawling natural preserves to urban grassy meccas, we’ve rounded up the best options in St. Paul for getting out with your dog. Luckily for your four-legged friend, there are plenty of wonderful spots to get the wiggles out.
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park.
Top 5 Dog Parks in Saint Paul
- Arlington Arkwright Dog Park
- Kaposia Landing Dog Park in South St. Paul
- High Bridge Dog Park
- Meeker Island Dog Park
- Lowertown Dog Park
1. Arlington Arkwright Park
400 Arlington Ave E, St Paul, MN 55130
- Nearly 5 acre fenced off-leash dog park
- No running water or poop bags available (bring your own)
- Picnic tables and benches in common area
- Park includes open area and shady forest
2. Kaposia Landing Dog Park
800 Bryant Ave, South St Paul, MN 55075
- Large park with 6.3 acres of fully fenced perimeter
- Bull pen entry and exit area
- Two shelters with picnic tables
- Not much shade aside from the shelters
3. High Bridge Dog Park
59 Randolph Ave, St Paul, MN 55102
- 7 acres of fenced space
- Park cannot be accessed from the High Bridge; take Shepherd Rd. to Randolph Ave.
- Running water not available
- Separate play area for small dogs
- Great view of Saint Paul skyline
- Can get muddy or icy
4. Meeker Island Dog Park
486 N Mississippi River Blvd, St Paul, MN 55104
- Located along the river at the bottom of the bluff
- No fence surrounds the park, though geography helps create boundaries (bluffs and river)
- Features a dog run and a dog beach for swimming
5. Lowertown Dog Park
360 N Broadway St, St Paul, MN 55101
- Completely fenced off-leash area near CHS Field
- Limit to 3 dogs per visit
- Woodchip and rock surface
- Small trees but very little shade
Have too many plans to exercise your dog properly while you’re in Saint Paul? Rest easy knowing that you can easily hire a local dog a walker who will be happy to show your pup around.
Want to board your dog in Saint Paul? Find a loving pet sitter on Rover here.