Looking for dog-friendly beaches near Tampa? We’ve put together a list of great options, all of which are beaches dedicated to letting dogs be dogs. Your pet will be free to run, play, and swim, often off-leash. Click the map below for more information on each location, and scroll down learn about the best dog-friendly beaches in the Tampa area.
Top 4 Dog-Friendly Beaches Near Tampa
- Picnic Island Beach Dog Park
- Davis Islands Dog Park and Beach
- Fort De Soto Park Dog Beach and Park
- Honeymoon Island State Park
1. Picnic Island Beach Dog Park
- a fenced dog park with beach access, with amenities such as water, waste disposal, and a rinse area
- dogs are welcome to swim in the water
- this is an off-leash park, so enjoy!
2. Davis Islands Dog Park and Beach
- a fenced dog park with beach access and amenities such as fresh water for rinsing
- visit the park’s website for more information about the park and its rules and guidelines
- your dog is welcome to play off-leash
3. Fort De Soto Park Dog Beach and Park
- a dog-friendly park and beach surrounded by over a thousand acres protected and biodiverse land
- a beach parking permit costs $5
- please acquaint yourself with the county’s dog park rules
4. Honeymoon Island State Park
- visit the southern tip of Honeymoon Island to find this dog beach
- entrance fee is $8 for cars with 2-4 occupants or $4 for single occupant vehicles
- if you’re not tired from all that playing, walk the nearby nature trail (dogs must be leashed)
We hope you and your dog have a blast at the beach while you’re in Tampa. But, if you don’t have the time to give your pet some much-needed exercise, Rover is here to help.