- This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
Here at Rover, we take summer seriously. We’re based in Seattle, Washington, where it’s dark and dreary for all of winter (and most of spring), so when June rolls around we’re more than ready to get outside and enjoy the nice weather with our dogs. From hiking in the mountains to swimming at the beach to barbecuing in the backyard, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the dog days of summer with the pets you love the most.
To help us all gear up for a season of fun with our canine companions, we’ve created a helpful guide of the season’s essentials and tips on water playtime, outdoor adventures, summery outfits, and hot weather recipes. So have fun with your doggo, stay safe, and let the sunshine adventures begin!
Nothing beats jumping in the water on a hot day! A refreshing dip is a quintessential summer activity that your dog is sure to appreciate. Whether you’re looking to play a splashy game of fetch with floatable toys like the Chuckit! Paraflight Flyer at the pool, or on the hunt for a life jacket, such as the Kurgo Surf n’ Turf for your next boating adventure, check out our articles on the best products for pool time and how to safely introduce your dog to the joys of being in the water.
- Pool Safety for Dogs: Everything You Need to Know This Summer
- The Splashiest Dog Pools, Toys, and More for 2020
- Can You Put Sunscreen on a Dog?
- Our Favorite Dog Life Jackets (Even for Strong Swimmers)
- Why Swim Lessons are Great for Dogs at Any Time of Year
- A Guide to Kayaking With Your Dog (and Which Kayaks Are Best)
- 20 Best Pool Toys for Dogs this Summer
- 9 Hot Tips for Taking Your Dog to the Beach
- The Complete Guide to Boat Safety for Water-Loving Dogs
The return of summer means it’s time to explore the great outdoors and bond over lots of fun activities with your best furry bud. Pop Ruffwear Grip Trex hiking booties on your pup’s paws while you discover new trails together. Planning a camping trip? Be sure to pack a sleeping bag for your dog, such as the Hurtta Outback Dreamer, along with your own.
Read up on summer outdoor tips and items to get the most out of the outdoors for you and your dog.
- Running with Your Dog in the Summer: A Seasonal Guide
- How to Create an Awesome Pet First Aid Kit: A Step By Step Guide
- Hot Weather and Dog Safety: The Essential Tips
- Is My Dog Dehydrated?
- 7 Must-Have Dog Water Bottles and Travel Dog Bowls
- The Ultimate Dog Hiking Gear Guide
- How to Enjoy Hot Weather Hiking with Dogs
- The Top 3 Hiking Leashes for Dogs Reviewed
- 7 Tips for Camping with Dogs
- 12 Best Dog Tents for Camping with Your Dog
- 9 Tips to Keep Your Dog Cool While Camping this Summer
You know what a new season means? New outfits! And there’s so many fun ways to dress up for summer—not to mention all the super cute accessories. Keeping your pooch cool and protected is top priority, but that doesn’t mean he can’t also look like the hippest dog on the beach. Keep him comfy on a hot day with a cooling vest like this one from Canada Pooch. For sunny outings, pop on a pair of Doggles Dog Goggles to protect his peepers.
Browse our picks for all your doggy summer outfitting needs below.
- The 13 Best Dog Sunglasses for Summer
- 22 Dog T-Shirts and Tank Tops to Keep Your Dog Cool and Stylish this Summer
- 10 Dog Cooling Vests to Beat the Summer Heat
- Our Favorite Fourth of July Outfits for Dogs
- Summer Dog Shoes: All the Best Options to Protect Your Dog’s Paws from the Heat
- The 14 Best Dog Hats and Dog Visors for the Sunbound Pup
What’s better than a yummy summertime cookout? Nothing, that’s what! Veggies, grilled meat, a bottle of brew, and icy treats are all part of the culinary joys of the season. Crack open a Pet Winery BarkBrew All-Natural Dog Beer for your dog to enjoy while they patiently wait for goodies from the grill. Looking for a plant-based option? Treat your dog to a healthy and delicious snack, such as Wholesome Pride Pet Treats Banana Bites.
For more recipes and food ideas, take a look at our articles below.
- A Pet Parent’s Guide to Dog-Friendly 4th of July Food
- 8 Delicious DIY Recipes for Your Summertime Dog
- The Ultimate Guide to BBQ for Dogs and Their Owners (Plus Recipes!)
- Share a Beer with Your Dog with These Special Dog Beer Brews
- 5 DIY Slushies…for Dogs
- Refreshing Watermelon Sherbet for Dogs (and the People Who Love Them)
- 4 Summer ‘Puptails’ You Can Share with Your Dog Today
- Ice Cream for Dogs Is a Thing and Your Dog Wants Some
- How to Make Popsicles for Dogs: 5 Easy Recipes
- Ice Licks Keep Your Dog Cool and Happy All Summer Long
- 8 Homemade Frozen Dog Treats
For some essential dog summer safety tips, bone up on the basics with our informational video below.
For even more fun ways to spend time with your pup these dog days of summer, check out the articles below.
- 9 Ways to Transform Your Backyard Into a Dog’s Summer Paradise
- Should I Give My Dog a Summer Cut? Your Guide to Summer Grooming for Dogs
- Hot Weather Dogs: Tips for Keeping Your Canine Cool
- The Best Cooling Beds to Get Your Hot Dog Chilling
- Our Favorite Treatments for Dry Dog Skin: Butters, Salves, and Oils, Oh My!
Featured image from Pixabay