College: a magical time where deadlines are tight and budgets are tighter. Whether you’re living off of insta-coffee or insta-noodles, we get it—and we’d like to help fund your brain fuel for the coming school year. Just take our survey and write a 400-500 word essay for your chance to win $1,000!
Enter to win a Rover college scholarship
Rover.com is your one-stop shop for loving and trustworthy dog sitters near you. In short, we’re suckers for all things cute and slobbery. Connecting pet parents with loving dog sitters across the country is something we do with the gusto of a pug snout-deep in a jar of peanut butter. But we have a serious side, too! This wouldn’t be possible without the rapid growth of the sharing economy.
Are you an Uber aficionado? An Airbnb connoisseur? Then chances are, you know more about the sharing economy than you realize.
Don’t know what the sharing economy is? Here’s a crash course. Whether you’re an expert or a newbie, we’re looking for your perspective.
We’re no longer accepting submissions for this year’s scholarship. Due to a high number of submissions, we will be notifying the winner in August.
Check back in August for next year’s!
How to enter:
- Answer our scholarship question in 400-500 words
- Put your answer in a Google Doc, with your name and year in college (high school seniors allowed!) at the top
- Share your Google Doc with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out our form
- Submit by May 31, 2016
In 400-500 words, answer the following question:
- Sharing economy companies like Uber, Lyft, Airbnb, and Rover have seen a big rise in popularity over the last few years. How do you think the sharing economy will change in the next 5 years? What impacts do you think it will have on the lives of college students, both in big cities and small towns?
To be eligible:
- You need to be a resident of the United States.
- You must be a graduating high school senior or currently a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college. We reserve the right to verify date of high school graduation and/or college enrollment.
- You can’t be related to anyone on the Rover staff.
Entry is subject to the official rules and conditions, which you can access here. As further set forth in the official rules, your entry grants us full permission to republish and otherwise freely use your entry materials and your name and likeness in order to prompt Rover or other third parties.
How do you win?
Contestants will be judged by an independent panel consisting of three (3) professionals in the sharing economy space, with parameters based on the following criteria:
- 50% = Thoughtfulness of response
- 30% = Relevance to prompt
- 15% = Quality of composition
- 5% = Grammatical accuracy
We will choose and notify our winner by July 31, 2016, and we’ll mail him or her a $1,000 check. Check the Rover blog for an announcement of the winner!
Looking to earn some extra cash? Missing the mark on your cute quota? Become a Rover dog sitter today and turn your love for dogs into the ultimate after-school job.