ROVER 2015-16 COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Rover 2015 College Scholarship Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are either a graduating high school senior or a freshman in college at the time of entry. Officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives and agents of A Place for Rover, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and each of their respective immediate families and household members are not eligible to enter the Contest. Participation in the Contest, including submitting an entry, constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins and ends at the times and on the dates set forth below (the “Contest Period”):
12:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time on October 1, 2015
11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on May 31, 2016
3. METHOD OF ENTRY; NUMBER OF ENTRIES ALLOWED. To enter, complete the following steps during the Contest Period:
a. Answer the following essay question in 400-500 words: Sharing economy companies like Uber, Lyft, Airbnb, and Rover have seen a big rise in popularity over the last few years. How do you think the sharing economy will change in the next 5 years? What impacts do you think it will have on the lives of college students, both in big cities and small towns?
b. Put your answer in a Google Doc, with your name and year in college (high school seniors allowed!) at the top.
c. Share your Google Doc with [firstname.lastname@example.org].
d. Fill out our form in Google Forms, including a link to the essay, here: https://docs.google.com/a/rover.com/forms/d/1zu5wwx419xcPlznj8DK76eLkPSAm3ynr5PtHj0vK1t4/viewform?c=0&w=1
Limit one entry per person. Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means, and entries in excess of the entry limit will be disqualified. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. All entries must be in English. Your entry must further comply with all of the following requirements:
• Your entry must not violate any right of a third party including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, confidentiality, publicity, privacy, and any other intellectual property right.
• Your entry must be your original work of authorship, sole property, unpublished, and not previously submitted in any other contest, sweepstakes or promotion.
• Your entry must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than yourself.
• Your entry must not include any content or material that depicts or incorporates unsafe behavior or situations, obscenity, defamation, disparagement of any product, person, or organization, or any other inappropriate or objectionable content or material, as determined in the sole discretion by the judges and/or Sponsor.
The judges and/or Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify at any time any entry that they determine in their sole discretion does not comply with these Official Rules.
4. USE OF ENTRY MATERIALS BY SPONSOR. By submitting an entry, you agree that Sponsor has the unrestricted right and non-exclusive license to use your entry in whole or in part, commercially or non-commercially, in any media known or unknown, in perpetuity, worldwide, including the right to publish, display, copy, distribute, and sublicense the entry for advertising or publicity purposes, and to edit, modify, and make derivative works thereof, all without additional review by or compensation to you. As a condition of submitting your entry, you agree that Sponsor may post your entry on its website(s), web pages of third-party sites, and other publications for advertising and promotional purposes without review by or compensation to you.
5. PRIZES; ODDS OF WINNING. One prize will be awarded. The prize shall consist of a check in the amount of one thousand dollars (U.S. $1,000.00) (the “Prize”). Total value of all prizes to be awarded is $1,000.00. Where winner is a minor, Prize will be awarded in the name of the parent or guardian as custodian for the minor pursuant to the applicable Uniform Transfers to Minors Act or similar applicable legislation. Prize cannot be substituted, exchanged or transferred, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. Any costs related to participating in the Contest and claiming or using a prize, are the responsibility of the winner. Odds of winning the Contest depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099 to winner for tax reporting purposes.
6. WINNER SELECTION & JUDGING. All entries will be reviewed by the Sponsor’s judges, who consist of executives of a sharing economy company. Judges will determine the winner based on the following objective judging categories for reviewing of the Entries:
Category 1: Thoughtfulness of response – fifty percent (50%)
Category 2: Relevance to question – thirty percent (30%)
Category 3: Quality of composition – fifteen percent (15%)
Category 4: Grammatical accuracy – five percent (5%)
The potential contest winner will be selected by the judges on or about June 30, 2015. All decisions of the judges are final and binding.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION. The potential winner will be notified by email at the email address used to submit the entry. Sponsor will make two attempts to contact the winner. If Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, the corresponding Entry will be deemed ineligible to win a prize and the next highest scoring entry may be chosen. Sponsor will have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by the potential winner for any reason. In the event of a dispute regarding any entry, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the essay was sent. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the submitted entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible to win a prize. In the event of a tie, the winner will be the entrant who scored the highest in Category 1, but should that factor not resolve the tie, then the winner will be the entrant who scored the highest in Category 2. The winner, and where the Winner is a minor, his or her parent or guardian, will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Liability Waiver which must be returned within ten (10) calendar days of notification. Failure to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Liability Waiver may result in winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate winner.
8. WAIVER OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, INCLUDING SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST SPONSOR, ITS PARENT CORPORATION AND/OR SUBSIDIARIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, AND REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”) FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS THAT MAY OCCUR, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR FROM THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE, AND TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE UNDER LAW, FULLY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES. ENTRANT(S) AND WINNER(S) ASSUME ALL DAMAGES FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR USE OF A PRIZE, AND WAIVE ALL CLAIMS AGAINST SPONSOR OR ANY RELEASED PARTIES ARISING THEREFROM. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISDIRECTED, LOST, LATE, INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE ENTRIES, AND SUCH ENTRIES WILL BE VOID. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (A) ANY COMPUTER, TELEPHONE, CABLE, NETWORK, SATELLITE, ELECTRONIC OR INTERNET HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES, CONNECTIONS, AVAILABILITY, (B) GARBLED OR JUMBLED TRANSMISSIONS, (C) SERVICE PROVIDER/INTERNET/WEB SITE/USE NET ACCESSIBILITY OR AVAILABILITY, TRAFFIC CONGESTION, (D) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION OR (E) THE INCORRECT OR INACCURATE CAPTURE OF ENTRY INFORMATION OR THE FAILURE TO CAPTURE ANY SUCH INFORMATION.
9. CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS AND USE OF NAME, LIKENESS AND EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION. By entering the Contest, each entrant gives his or her express permission to receive promotional emails from Sponsor or from third-parties directed by Sponsor. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, city and state of residence and entry materials for advertising, promotional, editorial, and publicity purposes, worldwide in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereafter created, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. You further agree that Sponsor can identify you, your educational institution, and the institution you used the scholarship for, and waive any educational privacy rights you may have in such information.
10. GOVERNING LAW; ARBITRATION; VENUE. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The laws of the State of Washington govern the Contest without reference to choice of law principles. Any dispute regarding the Contest is exclusively subject to binding arbitration (with one (1) arbitrator sitting) in Seattle, Washington pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Entrants hereby irrevocably waive any and all right to a trial by jury in any legal proceeding arising out of or relating to the Contest. Entrants further waive any objection to venue in Seattle, Washington, whether such objection is based on lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue, forum non conveniens, or the like.
11. GENERAL TERMS. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not comply with the Official Rules, and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest at any time. If the Contest is terminated prior to the published end date of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize based on the eligible entries received before the date of termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if any invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. SPONSOR; WINNER LIST. The Sponsor of this Contest is A Place for Rover, Inc., 2101 4th Ave #400; Seattle, WA 98121.To receive a winner list, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: A Place for Rover, Inc., Attn: Rover Scholarship, 2101 4th Ave #400; Seattle, WA 98121 within thirty (30) days of expiration of the Contest Period.
13. FTC DISCLOSURE RULES. Each winner is required to comply with the FTC’s rules governing online endorsements or any similar rules when posting online reviews or comments regarding the Sponsor or its services.
14. THIRD PARTIES. The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Airbnb, Uber or Lyft. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to any of the foregoing third parties.