The results are in! Every year we dig into Rover’s database of over a million pet parents to uncover pet name trends, including the most popular dog and cat names of 2020 in Atlanta and across the US.
While the trends change, one thing remains the same: The names dog owners choose to give their pets are often a direct reflection of who they are, what they like, and what’s going on in the world at the time. As pet parents ourselves, we know how important a pet’s name is and how much thought goes into finding just the right one—which makes sense, considering it’s likely to be hollered across the house about a million times. Whether you’re basing a new pet’s name on their personality, your favorite musician, celebrity, snack food, or your current obsession, it’s got to be just perfect.
So, which dog and cat names are popular this year in Atlanta, Georgia? Did your dog’s name make the top 5 locally? Or maybe even the top 100 in the country? What about your cat’s name? As the world’s largest network of dog walkers and pet sitters, Rover has heard just about every pet name there is. We dug through our data to find the most popular cat and dog names in Atlanta this year, along with trending picks. Check ‘em out.
Atlanta’s Top Dog and Cat Names
Did your dog or cat’s name make the list?
Top 5 Male Dog Names
Top 5 Female Dog Names
Top 5 Male Cat Names
Top 5 Female Cat Names
These cat and dog names have jumped up most in popularity this year. They showcase what’s gaining traction in this Georgia city.
- #1 Trending Dog Name: Sundae
- #1 Trending Cat Name: Davey
Atlanta Dog and Cat Name Trends for 2020
- Music continues to dominate: A top music-inspired dog name is Nas (up 50% this year).
- A pop of tv inspiration: Real Housewife of Atlanta, Kandi, is trending up 50% among dog names.
- Wanderlust? Atlanta’s very own, Delta, is trending up in dog names—130%!
- Current events: Despite being home to the headquarters of the CDC, Atlanta doesn’t have any cats or dogs named after the Coronavirus.
More Fun for Atlanta’s Dogs
Atlanta pet parents have plenty of options for dog-friendly activities, indoors and out. Check out some of our favorite options below:
- Atlanta’s Best Dog Parks
- 4 Top Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Atlanta
- How to Adopt a Dog in Atlanta
- Top 5 Dog-Friendly Wedding Venues in Atlanta
Need Care for Your Cat or Dog?
Thanks to Rover, it’s never been easier to find a trusted dog walker or pet sitter in your neighborhood. Search and book the perfect sitter to take care of your Max. Or Luna. Or Bella. Or Kitty. Or Oliver. Or Jack….