- Not a substitute for professional veterinary help.
Ice cream is a favorite among dogs and humans alike! Unfortunately, many of the ingredients in regular ice cream can be harmful to your dog’s digestive system. The good news is that whipping up a pet-friendly version only takes a few minutes. Once it’s mixed together, freeze, and prepare to serve to one happy canine!
Simple pumpkin ice cream is a delicious seasonal treat best served during summer or fall. Freeze a bit of pumpkin puree, add a dash of cinnamon and maple syrup, and even throw in a pinch of heart-healthy turmeric to create this flavorful dessert.
Note: You can also substitute pureed pumpkin for pureed sweet potato! Since this will give you a much thicker consistency, you may want to add water to thin out your blend.Print
Pumpkin Ice Cream for Dogs
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Summertime Treats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup non-fat unsweetened yogurt (substitute coconut milk or coconut yogurt for dogs who can’t digest milk)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Splash of maple syrup
- Spoon the pumpkin puree into an ice cube tray and freeze until solid (about 4 hours).
- Place the frozen pumpkin, cinnamon, and maple syrup into your food processor.
- Add about half the yogurt and blend well.
- Continue to add yogurt or a little water until you get the desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!