Got that fall feeling? Whip up a batch of these super simple no-bake cookies in just a few minutes. An hour in the fridge to set, and you’ve got a tasty homemade dog treat with the added health benefits of pumpkin, oatmeal, and coconut oil that your dog is sure to love.
This is a versatile recipe that also works with mashed sweet potato or applesauce—it’s forgiving, in other words, much like our dogs. (Right?)
Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats
No Bake Coco-Nutter Pumpkin Balls
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 32 cookies 1x
- Category: Anytime Treat
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (mashed sweet potato or butternut squash works too)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened peanut butter (no xylitol!)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey (maple syrup also works)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- Food processor
- Scale (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave or hob.
- Line a baking tray or large dish with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients (except dessicated coconut) into the food processor bowl and pulse to combine, pushing down the sides as necessary, until the dough starts to hold together.
- Move dough to a plate or mixing bowl. With lightly oiled hands, divide the dough roughly into quarters. Each quarter should make about 8 biscuits, for a total of 32 cookies, or you can make smaller cookies for smaller dogs.
- Roll each ball to a smooth and uniform shape, then place on parchment.
- Place desiccated coconut into a clean bowl.
- Roll each ball in a handful of coconut until evenly coated.
- Place biscuits into a lined tupperware container, layering with more baking paper if necessary.