Dogs shouldn’t drink real eggnog because of the sugar content—but that doesn’t mean they have to miss out on this holiday favorite. We tested this dog-friendly eggnog recipe here at our Rover kitchens, and it couldn’t be easier. Plus, we got a paws-up from our taste testers! Watch as Prim, our resident Yorkie mix, whips up a batch. Then find the full recipe below.
Looking for more fun DIY dog treats for the season? We’ve got a great roundup for all the holiday bakers out there.
Homemade Dog Eggnog
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 7 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 oz. organic baby food, such as sweet potato & chicken
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 doggy biscuit (Buddy Biscuits are fun because they’re gingerbread man-shaped!)
- Put all ingredients in blender (the egg is optional if you’re worried about raw eggs)
- Blend until well-combined and frothy
- Serve up with a doggy biscuit on top
Happy holidays from all of us at Rover, dogs and humans alike!
H/t: Lola the Pitty for the recipe.
This post contains one affiliate link, which means that if you decide to buy something when you click on it, we may receive a small commission. Click here to learn more.