Nothing says Texas like wide-open spaces, so give your dog the opportunity to run free while you’re rolling through. In Fort Worth, dog parks with everything from agility courses to field of wildflowers and dog-washing stations are right at your fingertips – here’s everything you’ll need to find the best spots in this pup-friendly southern state.
Top Dog Parks in Fort Worth, Texas
1. ZBonz Dog Park
6950 Camp Bowie W Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76116
- 7 acres for big dogs, 3 acres for small dogs – HUGE!
- Two aerated ponds
- Agility course
- Grassy area
- Closed every Monday from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. for scheduled maintenance
2. Fort Woof Dog Park at Gateway Park
751 Beach St.
Fort Worth, TX 76111
- Lots of space for dogs to frolic – 5 acres!
- Located just east of downtown
- Agility courses, water fountains, shaded shelter and waste stations
- Open until 11:30 p.m. with night lighting
- Named best dog park in the nation by Dog Fancy in 2006 and was in top 5 in 2008 by Pedigree
- Closed every Monday from 5:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. for scheduled maintenance
3. Trinity Park (pet-friendly)
2401 University Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Busy and bustling, perfect for people-watching
- Along the banks of the Trinity River and next to the Fort Worth Zoo
- Leashed dogs are allowed on walking trails
- Well-maintained and pretty
4. Tandy Hills Natural Area
3400 View St.
Fort Worth, TX 76103
- 160 acre indigenous remnant of prairie
- Moderate trail
- Beautiful wildflowers – bring a book to help you identify them!
- Dogs welcome, but must be on leash
- Less than 5 minutes from downtown Fort Worth
5. Keenum-Shelton Dog Park
Far West Fort Worth
3217 Dakota Trial
Lake Worth, TX 76135
- Agility equipment
- Benches and shade for sunny days
- Separate off-leash areas for small and big dogs
- Never too crowded
6. Tails n’ Trails Dog Park
950 SE Green Oaks Blvd.
Arlington, TX 76018
- Both wooded and open areas for playing
- Beautiful and well-maintained
- City of Arlington adoption center is located nearby – in case you want another buddy to take home
- Closes whenever it’s too muddy – can be unpredictable
7. Tipps Canine Hollow Dog Park
7804 Davis Blvd.
North Richland Hills, TX 76182
- 2 acres for big dogs, 1 acre for small dogs
- Plenty of parking
- Benches and large boulders to sit and relax on (though they could use more)
- Responsible, friendly pet owners
- Dog washing station for dusty pups
- Close on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. for park maintenance
Have too many plans to exercise your dog properly while you’re in Fort Worth? Not to worry – hire a local dog walker who will be happy to show them around. Your dog will be happy you did!