Is your favorite dog ready for a little sun, sea spray, and salt water? You’re in luck because we’ve got you and your four-legged buddy covered when it comes to the only dog-friendly beach in the Orange County area.
4 Best Dog-Friendly Beaches in Orange County
- Corona del Mar Dog Beach
- Huntington Dog Beach
- Laguna Beach
- Dana Point Headlands Beach
3001 Ocean Blvd.
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625
- Leashed dogs are welcome from 6 to 10 a.m., and after 4:30 p.m.
- Spectacular views of the coastline!
- Relax on one of the various benches scattered throughout the area
- Both paved walkways and sand to walk on
- Plenty of dog-friendly eateries in the area too, if you want to grab a bite after exploring the beach
100 Goldenwest St.
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
- The “dog friendliest beach” in the area!
- In fact, this is Orange County’s only dog permitted off leash beach
- Plenty of room for pups to swim and play in the sand
- Careful – sometimes those waves can be a little strong
- Park along PCH or in designated parking lots north of Goldenwest
South Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
- Between June 15 and September 10, leashed dogs are allowed on the beach before 9 a.m. and after 6 p.m.
- The rest of the year, leashed dogs can be on the beach at any time
- Incredible views for both you and fido at all of the beaches
- Begin at Main Beach, and move on to Crescent Bay, Shaw’s Cover or other local, dog-friendly beaches
- Heads up – South Laguna beaches don’t allow dogs
24200 Dana Point Harbor Drive
Dana Point, CA 92629
- Leashed dogs are allowed on the beach!
- Careful – the beach is a little rocky, watch those paws
- Access the beach from behind the Ocean Institute on Dana Point Harbor
- Remote, beautiful place to take your dog
Worried about your pup getting enough attention while you’re in town? We have a plethora of passionate, experienced local dog walkers in the Orange County area who will happily take your pup for a spin!