- This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
- Not a substitute for professional veterinary help.
A surprising number of cats can be trained to walk outside with a harness and leash—but we’ve known an equally great number who prefer to tour the great outdoors with a little more security. Others have mobility issues or health problems that limit their ability to enjoy walking or hiking. For these kitties, cat strollers can be an ideal solution.
Cat strollers are designed to keep your cat securely enclosed while you walk. Unlike cat backpacks, they save you from bearing your cat’s weight yourself. Instead, you can simply roll them alongside you as you stroll. Some multifunctional models do double duty as cat carriers, giving you the option to comfortably carry your cat over rougher terrain.
Whether you’re looking for a practical way to ferry your cat to and from the vet or you like the idea of taking your cat on outdoor adventures, there are plenty of cat strollers to choose from. We talked to experts about what features to look for when choosing this type of cat carrier and rounded up some of our favorite options on the market.
- Overall Best: Ibiyaya 5-in-1 Pet Carrier and Stroller
- Best for Storage: Gen7Pets Promenade Pet Stroller
- Best for Big Cats: Pet Gear Double No-Zip Dog & Cat Stroller
- Budget Pick: Frisco Dog & Cat Collapsible Stroller
- Most Visibility: PetGear AT3 No-Zip Pet Stroller
- Best for Travel: Paws & Pals Folding Dog & Cat Stroller
- Best for Running: Petique All-Terrain Pet Jogging Stroller
- Most Versatile: Pet Gear View 360 Travel System
- Best for Multiple Pets: Petique Pet & Pets Double Decker Pet Stroller
Overall Best: Ibiyaya 5-in-1 Pet Carrier and Stroller (Verified Review)
The Ibiyaya is a cat stroller, carrier, backpack, car seat, and wheeled carrier all in one. The convertible cat transporter lets you go from neighborhood walks to car rides and cross-country flights, all with a single familiar carrier. As a stroller, it excels: it’s smooth-riding and easy to maneuver, with a 360-degree swiveling front wheel.
Large zippers and a wide opening make it simple to put your cat in and pull them out. For ventilation and visibility, the main compartment features mesh panels, and there’s a large mesh basket underneath for storage.
Paul the test kitty had excellent things to say about this cat stroller, and his people did too.
- Versatile for many modes of travel and carry
- Telescoping handle and stroller frame
- Padded straps for comfortable carry
- Tripod design improves stability on rough terrain
- Large storage basket and cup holders
Best for Storage: Gen7Pets Promenade Cat Stroller
Whether you’re hitting the open road or heading out on a day hike, storage is imperative. Both a stylish and practical choice, this Gen7Pets stroller has plenty of it. A large zippered tote rides underneath the stroller, offering secure storage for treats, food, and maybe even a travel litter box.
This pet stroller is generously sized to give your cat plenty of room to stretch. It supports up to 50 pounds, so it can even accommodate a second cat comfortably.
For a modestly priced stroller, this model offers some valuable add-ons. It comes with a removable poly-fill pad and an adjustable canopy. Rear-wheel brakes and shock absorbers keep your cat safe and comfortable during their ride. It even collapses easily for storage with the touch of a single button.
- Large zippered storage compartment
- Comes with two cup holders
- Rear-wheel brakes and shock absorbers for safety
- Collapses easily for storage with the touch of a button
Best for Big Cats: Pet Gear No-Zip Double Cat Stroller
Large cats will appreciate having a little extra room to stretch in a double cat stroller. This model from Pet Gear is even roomy enough for two. The sturdy metal frame is designed to support up to 90 pounds of weight.
Size isn’t the only factor that makes this stroller a great choice for bigger cats. It’s equipped with large bike-style wheels and shock absorbers to ensure a smooth ride. It’s also equipped with wheel brakes for safety and an elevated paw rest so your cat can get the best view.
Like other Pet Gear strollers, this model features a No-Zip design. Simply lift the top to place your cat inside then fold it back down. It locks in place to keep your cat safely inside.
- Accommodates up to 90 pounds of weight
- Large mesh panels for visibility
- Convenient No-Zip design
- Bike-style wheels and shock absorbers for a smooth ride
Budget Pick: Frisco Dog & Cat Collapsible Stroller
Pet strollers can be pricey. If you’re trying one out for the first time or only plan to use it occasionally, don’t feel like you have to spend a lot. This collapsible stroller from Frisco is economically priced under $100.
Though this dog and cat stroller lacks some of the features you’d find on a more expensive model, it gets the job done. Mesh panels on the front and top ensure visibility while the tripod design ensures stability. There’s a large tote underneath for storage and a cupholder that clips to the handle.
This stroller is fairly lightweight at just over 11 pounds. Plus, it folds nearly flat for easy storage. It can accommodate pets weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Lightweight and easy to store
- Mesh panels for visibility and ventilation
- Large storage tote and adjustable cup holder
- Economically priced under $100
Most Visibility: PetGear AT3 No-Zip Pet Stroller
With wide mesh panels on the front and top, this stroller offers plenty of visibility for adventurous cats who want to take in their surroundings. If the sun gets to be too much, simply adjust the canopy to give your cat some shade without obstructing their view.
A zipper-free design and easy-lock latch enables you to operate this stroller one-handed. It also features safety brakes, shock absorbers, and tightly woven water-resistant materials. In other words, this cat stroller can handle all types of walking conditions.
Plus, the interior is generously sized, and it can accommodate up to 60 pounds. This makes it ideal for bigger cats or multi-cat households.
- Wide mesh panels for visibility
- Adjustable canopy for protection
- Easy-lock latch and no-zip design for one-handed operation
- Equipped with safety brakes and shock absorbers
Best for Travel: Paws & Pals Folding Dog & Cat Stroller
If you have trouble managing a traditional cat carrier, an unwieldy stroller won’t be any better. This three-wheeled cat stroller is lightweight and folds easily for storage. Whether you’re throwing it in the back of the car or taking it on a plane, it’s great for travel.
This cat stroller has a roomy interior. The hooded peek-top window gives your cat a great standing view. If your cat prefers to survey their surroundings lying down, a mesh front panel makes it effortless.
Secure zipper access points on the front and top give you options for putting your cat in and taking them out. Plus, an attached cup holder and a large undercarriage storage compartment let you bring along the gear you need.
- Lightweight and easy to store or transport
- Two secure zippered access points
- Mesh panels on front and top for visibility
- Large storage tote and attached cup holder
Best for Running: Petique All-Terrain Pet Jogging Stroller
Perfect for jogging or hiking on uneven ground, this all-terrain stroller features large bike-style tires. The tripod design improves stability and makes for a smooth ride for kitty. Plus, an adjustable handle enables you to find the perfect height for comfort.
This cat stroller has a sturdy frame that folds flat for storage. The wheels are removable as well, just in case space is limited. When parked, a foot brake keeps the stroller in place. It also has reflective accents for improved visibility in low-light conditions.
Large mesh panels give this stroller plenty of visibility and ventilation for your cat. If weather takes a turn for the worse, you can always throw on the PVC rain cover (sold separately) to keep your cat dry.
- Large bike-style tires for a smooth ride
- Tripod design improves stability at running speed
- Plenty of interior space for your cat
- Foot brake and reflective accents for safety
Most Versatile: Pet Gear View 360 Travel System
Go from the car to the trail with ease using this Pet Gear View 360 travel system. It’s a convertible system which includes a carrier, car booster seat, and stroller. No matter how you choose to travel with your cat, this system makes it possible.
Take your cat for a walk by unfolding the stroller frame and setting the carrier inside. It locks into place, allowing easy access to your cat with a zippered entry on the top. Afterward, the carrier can be secured in the car using a seatbelt or the included booster seat frame.
This convertible stroller comes with a washable fleece cushion. It also has a tether inside the carrier to keep your cat secure as you travel.
- Convertible carrier, stroller, and booster seat
- Easy to install with a snap-lock system
- Includes a tether to attach to your cat’s harness
- Comes with a washable fleece liner
Best for Multiple Pets: Petique Pet & Pets Double Decker Cat Stroller
A double cat stroller is fine for two cats who don’t mind sharing their space. But what do you do if they don’t? Or if you have another pet who wants to come along? This double-decker pet stroller from Petique offers a unique solution.
This stroller features a sturdy four-wheeled frame with double wheels on the front for stability. A round mesh carrier sits in the frame atop a roomy rectangular carrier. The small carrier supports 11 pounds while the larger accommodates pets weighing up to 22 pounds.
With plenty of ventilation and visibility to offer, this carrier is ideal for cats who like an unobstructed view of their surroundings. For pets prone to accidents, the fabric can be removed from the frame for cleaning.
- Two separate carriers to accommodate multiple pets
- Four-wheeled design with double front wheels
- Large mesh panels for visibility and ventilation
- Fabric can be removed for easy cleaning
How We Chose
We selected the products featured here based on a combination of our own hands-on testing, comprehensive analysis of customer reviews across a wide variety of retail platforms, and interviews with veterinary experts. We prioritized our cat stroller selections based on safety, durability, and convenience. Our picks are also influenced by the experience of living and playing alongside our own much-loved and strongly opinionated cats, who are never stingy with their feedback.
- Meet the World’s Most Functional Cat Stroller for Going Outside with Your Cat
- The Best Cat Carriers for Taking Your Cat Anywhere
- Review: The “Fat Cat” Backpack Is Our New Favorite Way to Travel with a Cat
- From Cat Backpacks to Totes: What To Know About Picking a Safe Carrier for Your Kitty
- How Do You Put On a Cat Harness? Plus, Which Harnesses Are Best for Your Kitty?