No. Of course, chocolate is toxic to dogs, but if your dog gets into your Coco Puffs, he isn’t in the same grave danger as he would be after eating straight chocolate bars. Coco Puffs don’t contain large quantities of chocolate, so it’s possible for your dog to ingest Coco Puffs and not become sick (depending on how much he eats). But your dog could have an adverse reaction, and it’s important to keep a watchful eye on your pet for any signs of toxicity and illness.
Symptoms to Look For
If you notice any of the symptoms below, be sure to call your vet:
- Trembling, shaking, seizures
- Panting and increased heart rate
- Tense stomach or abdominal swelling
- Unsuccessful attempts to vomit or defecate
For More Information
We have tons of articles about which foods are safe or dangerous for your dog, including various cereals, fruits, and snacks. You might also be interested in “Can My Dog Eat Chocolate?”
The information provided in this article is not a substitute for professional veterinary help.