No. Raisins are dehydrated grapes, and grapes are highly toxic to some dogs. This appears to be the case with all grape varieties—red or green, seedless or not. It’s unclear what about grapes and makes them so dangerous, but ingestion can cause kidney failure and even death.
Symptoms to Look For
If your dog has eaten raisins or grapes, there’s a chance he won’t be affected. But symptoms could lead to serious problems, and you may need to induce vomiting. Call your vet immediately for guidance if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Foul breath
- Oral ulcers
- Tremors, seizure, or coma
For More Information
We offer a collection of articles on foods that are healthy or dangerous for dogs to eat, covering everything from grains, fruits, and vegetables. You might also be interested in reading “Can My Dog Eat Grapes?“
The information provided in this article is not a substitute for professional veterinary help.