This simple, two-ingredient watermelon ice cream recipe is delicious for humans, but pets will love it, too.
Turn a leftover watermelon into a treat your dog won’t be able to resist. It’s the perfect something special to celebrate gotcha days, picnics, BBQs, or just because watermelon was on sale.
Easy Watermelon Ice Cream for Dogs
Yield 2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups frozen watermelon
- 1/4 cup yogurt (substitute with coconut milk or coconut yogurt for lactose sensitivities)
- Food processor
- Wash melon before cutting.
- Dice a few cups of watermelon, removing seeds as you go.
- Place in freezer for 4 hours (or overnight if you prefer).
- Place 1 1/2 cups of frozen melon in the food processor.
- Add 1/4 cup of yogurt.
- Blitz in food processor, adding more fruit or yogurt to adjust flavor and texture.
- Serve immediately.
Note: You can refreeze the ice cream, but the texture may not be ideal
Courses Special ooccasion
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @roverdotcom on Instagram and hashtag it #cookingwithrover.
The only reason Bea doesn’t scream for ice cream is because she’s too busy stuffing her face with ice cream.