Known for its stunning wineries, Napa Valley is a great place to visit while in California. And you’re in luck; many of these places are pup-friendly! Read on for details about the best dog-friendly Napa Valley wineries to bring your dog along, and click the map below for times and locations.
Happy wine tasting!
Top 8 Dog-Friendly Wineries in Napa Valley
- Honig Vineyard & Winery
- Tres Sabores
- Pine Ridge Vineyards
- HALL Wines
- V. Sattui Winery
- Odette Estate
- Frenchie Winery at Raymond Vineyards
- Frog’s Leap Winery
- This solar-powered family-owned vineyard produces its wine from sustainably grown grapes.
- Honig vintages include a selection of reds, whites, and a pink Cabernet Sauvignon. Try something new!
- Honig is not only dog-friendly but uses “sniffer” dogs to identify female mealybug pheromones. These working dogs help Honig remove infested vines and avoid the use of pesticides.
2. Tres Sabores
- Tres Sabores is a certified organic ranch that prides itself on its unique varietals and terroir.
- Vintages found here include reds, a red blend, whites, and a rosé.
- Tres Sabores has its own beloved dogs on the grounds, so your pet will be in good company at this dog-friendly vineyard. You may even get some cute, playful pictures for social media!
- Pine Ridge prides itself on being a vineyard dedicated to sustainable, fish-friendly growing practices and to preserving the biodiversity of the local plant and animal life.
- Pine Ridge produces a variety of wines, but it is best known for its consistently excellent Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Dogs are welcome outdoors. Enjoy a glass while your pet enjoys the beautiful landscape.
4. HALL Wines
- You can spend a day tasting a wide variety of award-winning wines while enjoying HALL’s modern art collection.
- Look for more information on special offerings at HALL’s St. Helena location page.
- Dogs are welcome at HALL Wines if they stay outdoors.
- At V. Sattui, you can tour a winery rich in history, with up-to-date organic and sustainable practices. Enjoy your next wine while knowing the producer uses earth-friendly methods.
- Pulling from an array of California varietals, V. Sattui offers an incredible selection of reds, whites, and rosés, as well as sparkling and dessert wines.
- Dogs are welcome outdoors. Take in a new wine while basking in the fresh air with your pup.
- At Odette Estate, you’ll be visiting the site of a recent winery venture, with a modern and superlatively sustainable facility on 45 acres of land.
- Enjoy the taste of Odette’s Cabernet Sauvignon, as well as wines produced by co-owned wineries.
- As with most vineyards and wineries, dogs are welcome outside.
- Here, you can taste a variety of canine-themed vintages inspired by Raymond Vineyards’ own beloved dog, Frenchie.
- This winery is all about dogs, so don’t fret: bring your Frenchie!
- Frenchie offers plush kennels, each with its own 18th Century French style dog portrait; watch your pet via camera while you are in the humans-only tasting room.
- Frog’s Leap is a former “ghost winery” from the 1800s, revitalized by thoughtful and terroir-obsessed winemakers.
- Here, you can taste a broad range of wines, all made from dry-farmed grapes.
- Dogs are welcome outdoors.
What could be better than enjoying a premium glass of wine and a stunning view with your favorite companion by your side? We hope you and your dog get a chance to tour some of these fantastic wineries while you’re in the Napa Valley. It’s truly a life-changing experience, so enjoy it!
That said, we understand if you’d rather do the wine-tasting without your pet, Rover is here to help. We’ve got plenty of qualified dog-sitters in Napa Valley to keep your pup active and entertained while you explore new wine flavors.