For city-dwellers in Minneapolis, outdoor space is hard to come by. Thankfully, the city has several excellent off-leash dog parks. Just be sure to pre-purchase an off-leash permit for use in city parks! From open fields to running trails, Minneapolis has plenty of options to exercise your dog.
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park!
Top Dog Parks in Minneapolis
- Minnehaha Dog Park
- Franklin Terrace Off-Leash Dog Park
- Lake of the Isles Dog Park
- St. Anthony Parkway Off-Leash Dog Park
- Victory Prairie Off-Leash Recreation Area
1. Minnehaha Dog Park
5399 Minnehaha Park Dr S, Minneapolis, MN 55417
- Pre-purchase an off-leash permit before letting your dog roam!
- Scenic riverfront dog park with trails to explore
- Sandy beach on the Mississippi River Front lets dogs get their swim on
- Trail markers indicate when you are leaving the dog park and entering National Park Service (NPS) land. Dogs must be leashed on NPS land.
2. Franklin Terrace Off-Leash Dog Park
925 Franklin Terrace, Minneapolis, MN 55406
- Quiet, pleasant park with two convenient parking areas
- Bring water to fill the on-site bowls (no running water provided)
- Wood chips throughout
- A favorite among Minneapolis locals!
3. Lake of the Isles Dog Park
- Fully-fenced 3.6-acre space to roam in the heart of the city
- Two separate areas, one for dogs under 20 pounds and one for larger pooches
- Plenty of shaded bench seating for humans
- Adjacent lakeside trails make for excellent leashed walks before or after the park
4. St. Anthony Parkway Off-Leash Dog Park
700 St Anthony Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55418
- Moderate-sized enclosed park
- Covered in wood chips
- Easy parking nearby
- Not a lot of amenities, but good socializing with other dogs and their people
5. Victory Prairie Off-Leash Recreation Area
4701 Russell Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55412
- Quaint urban dog park with woodchips and grass
- Short dirt trails for off-leash walking around the park
- Good parking and two entrances for easy access
- Friendly neighborhood regulars
Need a little help walking your dog while you’re in Minneapolis? Don’t worry: you can easily hire a local dog walker who will be happy to show your pooch around town!