Give your dog the opportunity to run free by visiting one of these lovely canine hot spots in McAllen. Dog parks with everything from glorious gardens to winding trails and agility courses await you in this dynamic, dog-friendly southern state.
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park!
Top 5 Dog Parks in McAllen, TX
- McAllen Off-Leash Dog Park
- Bill Schupp Park
- Harlingen Rotary Bark Park
- Catherine B. Stillman Park
- Brownsville Historic Battlefield Trail
1. McAllen Off-Leash Dog Park
400 Tamarack Ave, McAllen, TX 78501
- Really spacious – plenty of room for pups to stretch their legs
- Separate areas for small and large dogs
- Not the prettiest of parks, but dogs will love it
- Open everyday from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
2. Bill Schupp Park
1300 Zinnia Ave, McAllen, TX 78504
- Family-friendly with multiple playgrounds
- Popular spot for locals to exercise
- Beautiful garden with water and bridges galore!
- Must keep dogs leashed and pick up after them
3. Harlingen Rotary Bark Park
1601 S M St, Harlingen, TX 78550
- A little bit of a drive – but a fun trip for the dogs!
- Covered picnic tables and BBQ areas
- Separate areas for small and large pups
- Includes walking trails and agility course
- Tends to get a little muddy, so bring a towel!
Gunner had a blast at the dog park glad he enjoyed his birthday! #gunner #gunnertheboxer #boxer #boxerlover #boxergram #boxersofinstagram #boxers #boxersworld #boxersofig #boxersofinsta #boxerdog #dogsofinstgram #dogs #dogsofinsta #dogsofig #dogsofinstaworld #mansbestfriend #mychild #furbaby #conehead #birthday #happybirthday #2ndbirthday #terribletwos
4. Catherine B. Stillman Park
416 Farm to Market 511, Brownsville, TX 78521
- Head a little out of town to visit this fun park!
- Well-kept and clean facilities
- Careful, there’s not much shade for those super hot days
- TONS of room for dogs to run free
- Busiest in the evening – that’s when pups can really socialize
5. Brownsville Historic Battlefield Trail
Paredes Line Rd. Brownsville, TX 78526
- Keep your dog leashed and under control at all times
- Beautiful and historical trail that runs about 9 miles total
- Information stations all down the trail – learn something as you meander!
- Clean and well-maintained
Can’t find the time to really exercise your pup while you’re in McAllen? There are plenty of local dog walkers you can hire to take them around town – they’ll appreciate it!