As a sitter, your Rover pets’ safety is your top priority. While we hope you never have to experience a natural disaster, making sure you’re prepared for all eventualities will only help you, your Rover pets, and your clients. Of course, make sure to keep in touch with the pet owner as much as you can—beyond that, there are a few key things you can do to make disasters much less disastrous.
Make a go-bag
Your disaster-ready bag should have:
- a first-aid kit
- plastic bags for poop
- an extra leash or harness
- a food and water dish
- your Rover dog’s favorite toy
- an extra dog tag with up-to-date info (and this assumes the one on their collar is kept current too)
- a current photo of your Rover dogs, in case the chaos causes a separation
Prepare for potential separation
Never wait for a mandatory evacuation order. Get away with your Rover dog by your side at the first warning. When a disaster reaches a dire stage, authorities may force evacuees to leave pets behind. If you’ve exhausted all your options and have to leave your Rover pets behind, make sure to:
- keep pets inside and secure
- get every bowl, Tupperware, and water-fillable container and leave at least a ten-day supply of water throughout the home. Do the same with dry food
- make sure you have numbers for neighbors and friends in case you’re unable to return so they can check on them—or get them out—at a later date
- stay in the loop with the pet owner until they return
Know your local shelters
Some shelters (like the Red Cross) don’t accept pets, even in a crisis, so having your options lined up on where to go requires investigation. Knowing if there’s a facility or animal shelter that provides emergency care during a disaster is essential.
No plan is foolproof, but planning for the worst will give you peace of mind that you’ve done the best you can. Of course, do your best to keep in touch with the pet owner if they can’t make it back—that way, they’ll know their pet’s in good hands. And, of course, if you need any help, give us a call at 888-727-1140. We’re here for you 24/7.