We want every booking that happens on Rover to be a positive and safe experience. The search page, the place pet parents are matched with sitters, is one of the tools we use to connect people.
Search results are determined by various factors, which are informed by our learnings about what makes a booking on Rover most successful for all parties involved. From the millions of searches and bookings that happen on Rover, we start to understand what leads to the best experience between a sitter and the pet they are caring for. As more bookings occur, we’re constantly working to improve the way search works.
Filtering down to a set of sitters that match the pet parent’s criteria
On Rover, pet parents are able to enter a set of criteria, such as dates, location, and information about their pet(s), and then browse a list of possible sitters to find the best fit for their pet’s needs.
We use that information to compile a list of all the sitters that match the criteria an owner has entered.
To make sure you appear in searches for requests you want and not for those you can’t accept, it is important to regularly keep your availability, service preferences, and pet preferences up to date and accurate.
Display sitter profiles in ordered search results
It’s important to know that there is no set “ranking” or order of sitters. The order of sitter profiles in search results is determined for each individual search, with the goal of surfacing sitters that are likely to be a good match for that specific request.
For example, two different pet owners in the same neighborhood might see a different set or order of sitters in search results based on their preferences and needs. That also means that if you do a sample search in your own neighborhood, your results may vary from what other pet parents see.
So how can you make sure you stand out when an owner comes to Rover with a pet care need that is the perfect fit for you? Here are some factors that the search algorithm (and pet parents!) take into account:
- Accurate Preferences and Availability: As mentioned above, it’s important to keep your availability, service preferences, and pet preferences up to date and accurate. Bonus: Minimizing the number of requests you receive that you end up having to decline will improve your booking rate, which we cover below.
- Profile Quality: Make sure your profile accurately describes the care you can provide, the experience you have, and pictures to help build trust.
- Response Rate and Response Time: Respond to every request you receive, as quickly as you are able to, even if you need to decline the request.
- Booking Rate and Cancellation Rate: Accept booking requests when you are confident you can provide a positive experience and safe care. You should also ensure that you’ll be able to commit to the booking and won’t need to cancel.
- Reviews and Repeat Clients: Deliver 5-star care to build up positive reviews . This also helps build relationships with clients who will come back to Rover to book with you again and again.
The search page is just one element to think about when it comes to growing your business. Check out these additional resources for more ideas: