Perfect for birthdays, holidays, or anytime you want to wow your dog friends, this peanut butter pupcake recipe turns simple, wholesome ingredients into an impressively cute snack.
Carrots and cinnamon give this homemade dog treat the smell and texture of carrot cake, while peanut butter adds a protein-packed richness that dogs love.
Peanut Butter Paw Print Pupcake Recipe
Yield 12 mini cupcakes
Makes one tray of 14 paw print cupcakes
Peanut Butter Carrot Cupcakes
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oat Flour
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Grated Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Apple Sauce (unsweetened)
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter (watch out for xylitol, a sweetener poisonous to dogs)
- 1 egg
Peanut Butter Yogurt Frosting
Makes enough frosting for 3 trays of pupcakes
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch (or Tapioca flour)
- Food Processor
- Paw Print Silicone Baking Mold
- Cookie Sheet
Preheat oven to 350º
For the Muffins
Use the food processor to pulverize rolled oats until a fine, floury texture is reached.
- Add the cinnamon and baking powder and pulse to combine.
- Add the applesauce, peanut butter, and egg, pulsing to combine.
- Add the grated carrot, pulsing just enough to incorporate but not break down the carrot any further.
- Lightly grease the silicone tray and place on the cookie sheet for stability.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls into molds, pushing the batter around a bit to make sure you get the cute paw print on your finished cakes.
Bake for 15 minutes, checking for doneness with a toothpick.
Cool completely before frosting.
For the Frosting
While the cakes are cooling:
- Whisk the yogurt and cornstarch together until no lumps appear.
- Add the peanut butter and stir to combine.
This frosting is a great consistency for piping. Frost your cakes and watch your dogs go wild!
Courses Tasty Treats
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @roverdotcom on Instagram and hashtag it #cookingwithrover.
Peanut Butter Pupcakes: Tasting Notes
Bea likes the fluffy texture.