Dog treats don’t have to be complicated. You can pull together these frosty treats in just minutes with what you’ve got on hand.
This recipe pairs blended watermelon and pineapple with a nice thick banana slice for a healthy and cooling snack that any dog would love to get their paws on.
Frozen Banana Bites
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 24 treats 1x
- Category: Summer Snacking
- 1 banana*
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon*
- 1 cup pineapple*
* You can substitute the fruit in this recipe with any other dog-safe unsweetened fruit or veggie puree or yogurt.
- Silicone mini muffin pan (or use ice cube trays)
- Small cookie sheet or cutting board to help move the silicone mold
- Flat space in the freezer for your mold
- Blender or food processor
- First, make sure there’s room in the freezer for you to set the silicone mold or ice cube tray down flat.
- Puree a cup and a half of watermelon and set aside.
- Puree a cup of pineapple and set aside.
- Slice the banana into 24 pieces.
- Place silicone mold onto cookie sheet.
- Place one banana slice in each well.
- Top each banana slice with 2 tablespoons of watermelon puree.
- Top off each mold well with a layer of pineapple puree.
- Gently slide mold into the freezer and freeze for 4 hours.
- Leftover pops can be taken out of the mold and put into a more compact container like a plastic bag.
These were so good my pup Bea needed two.