Need a breath of fresh spring air? People are snapping pictures of their dogs alongside happy daffodils and sharing them across the internet in a seriously sweet trend.
One important word of warning: daffodils are toxic to pets. According to the Pet Poison Helpline, all parts of the daffodil are toxic to dogs, including bulb, flower, and leaves. The chief symptoms are vomiting and stomach pain. If you see or suspect your dog has eaten daffodils or daffodil bulbs, take your dog to the vet. Click here for more on flowers toxic to dogs.
British golden retriever @BennyBoyGr sparked a resurgence of the spring hashtag last week, and the results are cheering the hearts of people across the globe.
Dogs with daffodils
— Sir Charli-brown (@mycharlibrown) March 16, 2017
— Lesley Chilvers (@Dogs_ArtAndMore) March 20, 2017
— Morag Tilford (@MoragTilford) March 19, 2017
— The Squirmy Worm (@TheSquirmyWorms) March 15, 2017
— Steve Kelly (@lairhope) March 19, 2017
— Charlie Labradawsome (@charlie_lab) March 19, 2017
— Jo Harris (@Joharris1JoJo) March 20, 2017
— Dougal the Lab (@Dougal_the_Lab) March 19, 2017
Featured image: Charlie Labradawesome