Like most things in life, Halloween is even better with dogs. If you’re looking for some dog costume inspiration or just a reason to laugh, check out these top looks on our Rover office dogs.
From Stranger Things to Lil Nas X, these costumes are on point.
1. Elton John from Rocketman
Rocketman was one of the year’s most buzzed-about movies. We love how Willie the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever pulls off this sparkly Elton John ensemble.
2. Lady Gaga at the Met Gala
3. Billy Ray Cyrus with Lil Nas X
If you don’t have the lyrics to “Old Town Road” memorized, you might be living on another planet. Coconut the Samoyed and Lemon the golden retriever are here to represent the stylish Western fashion of the music video.
4. Robin and Steve from Stranger Things
Season three of Netflix’s hottest ’80s-themed show featured Robin and Steve working the ultimate mall job at the Scoops Ahoy ice cream counter. Budley the puggle and Andre the Great Pyrenees will serve you free samples in their nautical uniforms.
More Dogs Are Dressing up for Halloween This Year
Rover spoke to hundreds of pet parents to find out their thoughts on Halloween costumes for dogs. The results show that we’re including our dogs in the spooky festivities more than ever!
A whopping 51% of dog owners plan to dress up their dog this Halloween, in fact.
- Classic costumes like witch or ghost and TV/movies are the biggest sources of inspiration for dog costumes.
- 52% of pet parents say they or a member of their family will be dressing up with their dog this Halloween.
- 40% of pet parents cited their dog’s costume will be purchased this year, while nearly 20% will be homemade.
- 51% of pet parents said their dog will be an active participant in either trick-or-treating or handing out candy.
- Roughly a quarter of dog parents plan to enter their dog into a costume contest or dog-friendly Halloween event.
- Over 47 Dog Halloween Costumes for 2019: A Guide for Real Dogs and Their People
- Top Halloween Cat Costumes: 18 Rover-Rated Costumes For Your Kitty
- 12 Scary Dog Costumes for Your Spooky Pooch in 2019
- 11 Adorable Halloween Costumes for Large Dogs
Data: Rover.com survey conducted via Pollfish in September 2019 of 1,000 US-based pet parents.