- This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
Dog crate furniture is an excellent way to give your dog privacy and a place to relax while providing your home with an attractive, decor-friendly piece. Unlike more traditional metal or plastic dog crates, these furniture-like crates are usually crafted from wood, which blends nicely with your other furniture. They also tend to double as tables or end tables, making them a great space saver for you.
But dog crate furniture isn’t for every doggo or household, so you’ll want to consider your needs before you choose a stylish piece that doesn’t get used—or worse, gets chewed to sawdust. And while crate training can help, dog crate furniture tends to be less durable than standard crates and may not be suitable for super chewers, escape artists, puppies, or canines new to crate training. Plus, because they are, well, furniture, these crates tend to be quite the investment.
With that in mind, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite dog crate furniture so you can find the best pick for your pup.
- Best for Small Dogs: Petsfit Indoor Wooden Dog House
- Best for Medium Dogs: Fable Dog Crate
- Best for Large Dogs: New Age Pet ecoFLEX Pet Crate
- Best Wood Dog Crate: Feandrea Dog Crate
- Best Corner: Unipaws Furniture Corner Dog Crate with Cushion
- Best Coffee Table: Unipaws Dog Kennel With Dog Bed
- Best Luxury: Frisco Venice Dog Crate Credenza With Mat
- Best Multifunctional: Merry Products 2-in-1 Configurable Crate & Gate
- Best for Multiple Dogs: Tucker Murphy Pet Large Crate with Divider
Best for Small Dogs: Petsfit Indoor Wooden Dog House
Cottage core and small pups: it’s the perfect match! Made of solid fir wood and coated in environmentally friendly paint, this small dog crate is best suited for dogs up to 22 pounds. This piece functions well as an end or console table, and the attached top and minimal windows of this enclosed crate are also great for pups who prefer their privacy.
For another style option, Petsfit offers this dog crate furniture in a natural wood finish with a top that opens.
- Made of solid fir wood
- Best for small dogs up to 22 pounds
- Minimal exposure for pups who like privacy
Best for Medium Dogs: Fable Dog Crate (Verified Review)
Available in a medium size that accommodates dogs up to 50 pounds, this crate’s sleek and modern light wood design makes it easy to fit in with a variety of home decor styles. We tested it ourselves to see if it lived up to the internet’s hype and were impressed with the craftsmanship. Tiny squares cut out on the front and side panels provide all-around ventilation, while the clear gate allows dogs to watch what’s going on outside (great for anxious pups who like to keep an eye on things).
In particular, our testers liked that the crate doubled as a stylish end table and wasn’t noisy when they placed items, like a mug, on top. The door also rolls up instead of clanging shut, an added perk for nervous and sound-sensitive pups.
- Available in a medium size that fits dogs up to 50 pounds
- Quality wood craftsmanship
- Has a unique door that rolls up
- Ideal for sound-sensitive pups
Best for Large Dogs: New Age Pet ecoFLEX Pet Crate
It’s not always easy to find a wood dog crate big enough for larger dog breeds, but the extra-large size of this crate provides a nice amount of space for dogs up to 100 pounds. Reviewers like the modern look of the crate and that the door swings both in and out, giving more options on where to place it—ideal for big dogs in smaller spaces.
The crate’s mix of wood and metal bar panels provides a nice blend of visibility and privacy. And the wood-plastic polymer composite (non-toxic) keeps the crate from warping, cracking, or splitting, so you won’t have to worry about resting drinks on top of it. It’s pretty sturdy, too. The spindles are made of stainless steel tubing, and the door has a stainless steel latch for added security.
- Available in large and extra-large sizes
- Constructed with non-toxic recycled plastic-wood polymer
- The door swings both in and out
- Modern look includes a mix of wood and metal
Best Wood Dog Crate: Feandrea Dog Crate
Constructed with particle board, steel frame, and metal wire, this is one of the more heavy-duty options on our list—though no wood crate is ever going to be 100% chew-proof. Ideal for crate training and cleaning, the Feandrea has a wire floor and a pull-out tray underneath to catch accidents and other mess (dust, hair, food, etc.). You can also put the tray inside for a more comfortable setup.
Doubling as a nightstand or side table, the crate comes in two colors and four sizes. It has two doors, one on the front and one on the side, for easy access. Providing versatility, the second door can be installed either on the left or right side.
- Offers a sturdy, “chew-proof” design
- Wire floor and pull-out tray combo make for easy cleanup
- The second door can be placed on the left or right side
- Four sizes suit dogs up to 80 pounds
Best Corner Crate: Unipaws Furniture Corner Dog Crate with Cushion
Dog crate furniture can sometimes be bulky, but this corner kennel is a fantastic space-saving solution for small rooms, apartments, and studios. Pet parents love that it looks smaller than it appears, saying the compact design is actually roomier than their dogs’ previous rectangular crates, even for larger Boxer/Pitbull mixes. The crate’s wide top also offers a durable surface for home decor like plants, pictures, and lamps—holding up to 180 pounds of weight.
Designed with metal mesh and durable pressed wood, this crate has an outside lock and double interior magnet baffle for added security. A soft cushion for the bottom provides added comfort.
- Great space-saving dog crate furniture
- Constructed with wood and mesh, and holds up to 180 pounds on top
- Includes a soft cushion
- Available in two colors and two sizes for dogs up to 70 pounds
Best Coffee Table: Unipaws Dog Kennel With Dog Bed
If you’re looking for more of a centerpiece, Unipaws also has dog crate furniture in a coffee table design. With a support weight of up to 200 pounds, the sturdy top can hold a wide variety of household items, just like a standard coffee table.
With four panels of metal wires and scalloped trim, this crate gives dogs a 360-degree view of their surroundings. The all-around ventilation is also great for pups who run hot.
Providing multiple access points, this Unipaws crate has a front double door and a side door. Three locking latches help keep your dog safe. Plus, this wood dog crate comes with a comfy bed.
- Coffee table design with all-around ventilation
- Includes front double doors and a side door
- Comes with a removable dog bed
- Available in three sizes and multiple colors
Best Luxury: Frisco Venice Dog Crate Credenza With Mat
This show-stopping Frisco dog crate furniture may be pricier than the other options on this list—but it’s also roomier and makes a dramatic statement piece. With its long, attractive design, the Venice Crate can double as a credenza or a media console, supporting up to 100 pounds of weight. You can also open the top to transform it into an open-air pen.
It is a one-size-fits-all piece, though, and is best suited for small to medium dogs that weigh up to 40 pounds. Because of its size, the crate is also quite heavy to assemble and move, so you’ll want to make sure you have some assistance.
- Luxury dog crate furniture for small to medium dogs
- Exterior wood built on a metal frame for support
- Doubles as a media or computer console
- Supports up to 200 pounds of weight
- One size: 55.5 inches x 24.5 inches x 30 inches
Best Multifunctional: Merry Products 2-in-1 Configurable Crate & Gate
Not only does this wood dog crate function as a furniture piece, but it also extends out into a dog gate. The panels slide out so you can connect the pins together—a handy option if you need to close off a room or keep your excited dog away from guests.
Wire and solid wood veneer make for an attractive addition to your home and can work as an end table or stand. Each side panel can also be removed to accommodate your space. There’s even a plastic bottom tray for easy cleanup.
- Multifunctional design acts as a crate, gate, and table
- Available in medium and large sizes
- Designed with four adjustable panels when used as a gate
- Made with wood and steel bars
Best for Multiple Dogs: Tucker Murphy Pet Large Crate with Divider
Do you have multiple dogs who enjoy resting together? This expansive crate has a large size with a capacity of up to 200 pounds. It also comes with a steel divider in case you want a barrier between your pups.
Great for TV stands or display shelves, this designer-style furniture crate has a wide top and two drawers for storing pet or house supplies. Felt foot pads also help keep the crate from slipping or scratching the floor.
- Large crate for multiple dogs
- Steel divider to create two crate rooms
- Has a capacity of up to 200 pounds
- Includes storage drawers
How We Chose
The dog crate furniture featured here was selected based on a combination of our own hands-on testing, a comprehensive look at customer reviews across a wide variety of retail platforms, and interviews with veterinary experts. We prioritized dog crate furniture with overwhelmingly positive reviews that was both durable and well-ventilated. We’re also guided by the experience of living and playing alongside our own much-loved and strongly opinionated pups, who are never stingy with their feedback.