The sun is out, and our dogs are too. Park play, beach outings, backyard BBQs: it’s all better with our dogs along. But as temperatures rise, it’s easy for dogs to get overheated. That’s where plenty of shade, water, and tasty frozen treats come in. You know, like fro-yo. Because who doesn’t love fro-yo?
Homemade frozen treats for dogs are fun and easy. Rover’s very own Chef Gus has whipped up a dog-friendly pupsicle recipe that, well, even a dog could make. Packed with healthy fruits and protein, it’s a guilt-free hot weather treat for dogs everywhere. Watch Chef Gus in action, and then get the full recipe below.
Frozen Yogurt Pupsicles Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 – 5 pupsicles
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup whole blueberries
- 1/2 banana, thinly sliced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 pretzel stick per pupsicle
- Combine all ingredients until mixed
- Add pretzel stick and pour mixture into molds
- Freeze for at least 4 to 5 hours before serving