No! Grapes are highly toxic to some dogs, so juice made from grapes is not safe for dogs to drink.
It’s unclear exactly what makes grapes toxic, or why some dogs are affected and others aren’t. But ingestion can cause kidney failure and death, in some cases.
Symptoms to Look For
If your dog has ingested grape juice, there’s a chance he won’t be affected. But symptoms could lead to serious problems, and you may need to induce vomiting. Call your vet immediately for guidance if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Foul breath
- Oral ulcers
- Tremors, seizure, or coma
For More Information
We offer a collection of articles on foods that are healthy or dangerous for dogs to eat, covering everything from grains, fruits, and vegetables. You might also be interested in reading “Can My Dog Eat Grapes?” or “Can My Dog Drink Juice?“
The information provided in this article is not a substitute for professional veterinary help.