- Not a substitute for professional veterinary help.
The magic, culinary alchemy that happens when blueberries meet cream can be experienced by your dog, too. Just skip the cream and blend blueberries and milk together for the ultimate dog-friendly treat, and then top it off with a layer of creamy non-fat yogurt or goat milk.Print
The Blueberry Shake
This sassy two-layered beverage swirls frozen blueberries, milk, and creamy yogurt into a delicious berry bliss.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Summer coolers
For the bottom layer:
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup cold milk
For the top layer:
- 1/2 cup non-fat yogurt or thickened goat milk (we used powdered goat milk and added 2 scoops of powder to 1/2 cup water for a nice thick and creamy layer)
Note: Non-fat yogurt or any milk of your choosing can be used in this recipe, including coconut milk or regular milk if your dog’s digestion allows it.
- Blend the berries and milk into a thick consistency.
- Place in your serving bowl. (Leave room for the top layer!)
- Garnish with a creamy topping of your choosing.
- Swirl both layers together if you’re feeling fancy!
If you’re wondering which ‘puptail’ Bea will be ordering next time at the pub, I have the evidence right here:
View this post on Instagram