(last revised: January 31, 2014)
Subject to the Rover.com Terms of Service and these Promotion Code & Custom URL Terms and Conditions, pet sitters and/or hosts may create and distribute promotion codes & custom URLs using Rover.com's promotion code & custom URL creation tool. Promotion codes may be used only by pet owners for their first booking of a sitter or host on Rover.com (each, a "New Client"). The promotion code shall reduce the total booking fee for a New Client by $20.00 (paid by Rover, i.e., the applicable host or sitter shall continue to receive the full booking fee). Additionally, if a New Client uses a promotion code for booking a sitter or host other than the sitter or host who created the promotion coupon, the sitter or host who issued the promotion code shall receive a $10.00 referral payment within 72 hours of the completion of the booked stay. The referral payment will be made in the form of a $10.00 redeemable Rover Bucks credit into the promotion code creator's Rover.com account. The following additional terms and conditions apply:
- Promotion codes may be up to 15 characters long.
- A custom URL may be up to 25 characters long, not including the "rover.com/sit/" portion of the domain name.
- Promotion codes & custom URL's may not contain any wording or phrases that (a) infringe or violate the rights of any third party, (b) are confusingly similar to any Rover trademarks, (c) are inflammatory, obscene or vulgar, or (d) deceptive, misleading, or otherwise unlawful.
- Limit of one promotion code redemption per New Client.
- Limit of one promotion code & custom URL per sitter or host.
- Redemption of the promotion code is subject to Rover.com approval, valid registration, and acceptance of the Rover Terms of Service (use of & booking through the Rover.com website constitutes acceptance).
- New Clients will be solely responsible for the payment of any taxes incurred as result of his/her use of a promotion code; likewise, sitters, and hosts shall be responsible for any taxes incurred as a result of any referral fee payment.
- Sitters or hosts may not violate any laws in connection with their marketing, issuance, or use of the promotion code and/or custom URL, including, but not limited to, any laws related to unsolicited commercial email (e.g., CAN-SPAM) and/or text messages, and deceptive advertising. Subject to the exceptions set forth below, sitters or hosts may not market, distribute or issue a promotion code with the assistance of any third party, including, but not limited to, coupon sharing businesses, websites, or communities.
- A sitter or host may promote his/her promotion code on bona fide social networking platforms that are not primarily aimed at coupon or discount distribution; provided that the sitter or host complies with all terms and conditions of such social networking platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Craigslist, NextDoor, Google+).
- Sitters and hosts acknowledge they are solely responsible for any liabilities arising from their acts or omissions in connection with their creation, marketing, or issuance of a promotion code and/or custom URL.
- Promotion code discounts are not transferrable by a New Client once redeemed.
- Sitters and hosts may affix the promotion code only on printed materials purchased through the Rover Print Store.
- Promotion codes are valid for a limited time only. Rover.com reserves the right to modify, cancel, or delete promotion codes and/or customer URLs at any time.
- Promotional codes are void if restricted or prohibited by law.
- Once a sitter or host creates a promotion code and custom URL, the promotion code and custom URL cannot be changed, modified, or deleted (except by Rover in its sole discretion).
- Sitters and hosts may not include their promotion code anywhere within their Rover profile or within direct messages to New Clients on the Rover.com messaging platform.
- Sitters or hosts cannot redeem their own promotion code on their own Rover profile.
- Rover shall own all rights in any sub-domains or URLs created by this promotion.