Referral Programs Terms and Conditions
Effective: May 8, 2019
Rover may offer programs that allow you to earn rewards for referring new users to our platform (each, a “Referral Program”). These rewards may include Rover Credits, prepaid cards or gift cards, discounts, bonuses, or any other rewards, whether monetary or nonmonetary, that we may choose to offer (collectively, “Rewards”). Participation in our Referral Programs is subject to the Rover Terms of Service (https://www.rover.com/terms/tos/), these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”), and any additional terms set out in an individual Referral Program’s informational materials.
These Terms may change from time to time, so please review them each time you’re interested in participating in a Referral Program. Capitalized terms that are not defined here will have the same meaning given to them in the Rover Terms of Service.
- Purpose & Spirit of our Referral Programs. Our Referral Programs are intended to (i) help Service Providers build their client base and increase their earnings on Rover and (ii) incentivize our users to invite new Service Providers and Pet Owners from their personal and professional networks to join the Rover community.
- Eligibility. To participate in a Referral Program, you must have a valid account on the Rover platform. You must also agree to the Rover Terms of Service, these Terms, and any terms applicable to the specific Referral Program in which you choose to participate. If you do not agree to all terms, please do not participate.
- Qualifying Bookings. A “Qualifying Booking” is a booking in which the referred user provides or purchases a pet care service (as may be further specified by the applicable Referral Program) that is booked and paid for via the Rover platform and which otherwise complies with these Terms and the Rover Terms of Service.
There are multiple ways in which you can make a referral that is eligible for a Reward (a “Referral”):
- Referral URLs: If you have a custom referral URL (for example, via https://www.rover.com/refer/), the users you refer must (i) open your Referral URL to create a valid new Rover account that complies with the Rover Terms of Service and (ii) complete their first Qualifying Booking.
- Promo Codes: If you have a custom referral Promo Code (for example, via the “Earn More, Play More” program), the users you refer must redeem your Promo Code on their first Qualifying Booking.
- Other Referral Materials: We may offer Referral Materials other than those described above. In that case, the informational materials for that particular Referral Program will contain the terms for the applicable Referral Materials.
The types of awards you can earn when you make a Referral may vary based on the applicable Referral Program. For example, you can earn the following types of Rewards through our Referral Programs:
- Redeemable Rover Credits: These are credits that may be redeemed for cash. Unless otherwise stated in a Referral Program’s informational materials, redeemable Rover Credit Rewards are automatically deposited in your account within approximately one week after you earn them. They will automatically appear in your Rover Balance, and may be withdrawn using your preferred withdrawal method. The maximum value of redeemable Rover Credits you can earn is $5,000*, unless otherwise stated in the Referral Program materials. Redeemable Rover Credits accrued in separate Rover accounts may not be combined into one Rover account.
- Non-redeemable Rover Credits: These are credits for promotional purposes. They have no cash value, may not be transferred or exchanged for cash, and can only be redeemed on our platform. Unless otherwise stated in a Referral Program’s informational materials, non-redeemable Rover Credit Rewards are automatically deposited in your account within approximately one week after you earn them. They will automatically appear as Rover Credit on the checkout page. Please take note of any time limits to use your Rover Credits, as they may expire. The maximum value of Rover Credits you can earn is $5,000*, unless otherwise stated in the Referral Program materials. Rover Credits accrued in separate Rover accounts may not be combined into one Rover account.
- Prepaid or gift cards: We may offer prepaid cards or gift cards that are issued and/or redeemed by third parties, such as Visa or Amazon. Prepaid or gift card Rewards are delivered to the email associated with your Rover account within approximately one week after you earn them. Your use of these cards is subject to their terms and conditions of the relevant third parties, who are not affiliated with Rover or our Referral Programs in any way.
- Other Rewards: We may offer Rewards other than those described above. In that case, the informational materials for that particular Referral Program will contain the terms for the applicable Reward types.
- Promote Responsibly.
When referring users to our platform, we require you to promote responsibly and abide by the following rules:
- Don't publish your Referral Materials anywhere within the Rover network (including on your profile, in Q&A forums, or in direct messages), unless expressly permitted by the applicable Referral Program.
- Do distribute Referral Materials to your bona fide personal and professional contacts. If you use social media to post your Referral Materials or otherwise promote your Referral URL, you must comply with all terms and conditions of those social media sites. Additionally, please limit any social media posts of Referral Materials to your own account page, and do not post in groups, forums, or other media with an audience broader than your friends and/or followers.
- Don't distribute your Referral Materials via mass messages to people you don’t know, or via automated systems or bots, coupon websites, or other third-party websites where you don’t have express permission from the site owner to do so.
- Do comply with all laws when marketing and distributing Referral Materials, including, but not limited to, laws related to unsolicited commercial email and/or text messages, and deceptive advertising. You are solely responsible for any liabilities arising from your acts or omissions in connection with the marketing, distribution or other use of Referral Materials.
- Don't engage in any other activity that is inconsistent with the spirit and purpose of our Referral Programs, including but not limited to redeeming your own Referral Materials, referring a member of your household, referring someone with whom you share a pet, or referring someone who intends to book care for your pet.
- Data Protection. In order to provide our Referral Programs to you, we may collect and use your personal information, including your custom referral URL and/or custom referral Promo Code and your Rover account information. You can read more about our collection and processing of your personal information and your rights as a subject data in our Privacy Statement.
- Additional Terms & Restrictions.
- Promotional Materials: If you are in the US or Canada, any non-digital materials (business cards, flyers, etc.) that include or promote your Referral Materials must be purchased through the Rover Print Store located at https://store.rover.com/.
- Taxes: You will be solely responsible for any taxes incurred as a result of earning Rover Credits under a Referral Program. Where applicable, Rover may be required to account for VAT on any services for which the Rover Credits are redeemed.
- Cross-Currency Referrals: Rover only allows referrals between users in countries that use the same currency. Referral URLs, Promo Codes, and/or other Referral Materials shared with users in countries using a different currency cannot be validly redeemed, and no Rewards are available for such Referrals.
- Miscellaneous: Unless expressly stated otherwise, Rewards are valid for a limited time only. We reserve the right to modify, cancel, deactivate or delete any Reward or terminate any Referral Program at any time, for any reason. Referral Programs or Rewards are void if restricted or prohibited by law. We own all rights in any sub-domains or URLs created by a Referral Program or Referral Materials. All decisions regarding eligibility for and Rewards earned under a Referral Program will be made by Rover in its sole discretion. If you believe there’s been a mistake in the calculation of your Rewards, please contact us. Rover may suspend or terminate your eligibility to participate in a Referral Program if you violate any of these Terms, the Rover Terms of Service, any other terms applicable to such Referral Program or if you otherwise engage in an activity that, in our sole discretion, is inconsistent with the spirit and purpose of the Referral Program.
* The referral’s local currency equivalent credit amount will be calculated using a system-wide rate, known as the base exchange rate, for currency conversion using data from one or more third parties, such as OANDA. We regularly update the base exchange rate, but it may not be identical to the real-time market rate.