Raquel & Omar did a wonderful job watching our dogs once again! We got regular photo and video updates and they were helpful and flexible when we needed to have a friend drop off some stuff we forgot. I’d recommend Raquel and Omar and trust them with my dogs anytime!
Another great stay at Raquel & Omar! When I dropped Lucy off she ran right to Omar and I loved seeing the pictures during her stay. Thank you again!
Raquel & Omar are by far the best Rover hosts I've ever had! They made me feel so at ease when they watched my senior "puppy" at their home. They were careful with the instructions I gave them and they gave me updates of my little guy throughout each day (with plenty of pictures and videos!). I plan to make Raquel & Omar my main Rover go-to people from now on. They are the nicest ...
About Raquel & Omar
Join our crazy dog family!
We are reliable, full-time dog sitters dedicated to understanding the needs of your dog & maintaining your normal routine.
More About Us:
Hi! We’re a family that loves dogs! Our daughter loves being around dogs & is learning how to give them their space. We've had dogs before & are currently dog-less. We had a beautiful female Cocker Spaniel named Monkey that was with me since she was 3 months old. She was like ...
What Raquel & Omar would like to know about your dog
1) Does your dog get along with children? (since we have a 5 year old who'll be at home while your dog will be staying with us).
2) Does your dog get along with other dogs? This is so we know whether we'll be able to take on your dog if we're already scheduled to dog-sit for another client during your requested booking date. In order to accommodate you the best we can & provide the best care possible for your dog (& so it isn't overcrowded), we normally try to avoid booking too many dogs at the same time.
3) Does your dog wear a harness or collar (or both) during a leashed walk? Why do we ask this from you? If your dog only wears a harness or collar without an ID tag on it, please read the following: we ask this because your dog's safety is our priority & some dogs have the ability to get out of their harness/collar during walks. This is also important to us because we always try to walk our dogs in packs whenever we're sitting for more than one dog (which happens quite often). We'd like to request from all owners to provide an ID tag for their dog with their contact information on it (even if the dog is microchipped) during his/her stay with us. If you've a very nervous/skittish dog (especially during walks), we’ll require a meet & greet beforehand to further assess your dog's needs.
4) Is this your first time using Rover? Have you had your dog boarded before? We ask this to determine whether your dog would be a good fit with us (specifically if it's a very nervous/high anxiety type of dog) & whether we'd have to make special accommodations, as there is a high likelihood there will be other dogs here with us during your dog's stay. Please let us know if your dog would require any special accommodations (e.g. you prefer he/she be boarded alone). We do our best to make a space available for your dog.
5) Where does your dog like to sleep? on the floor? on your bed? on their bed? in their crate? nearby? (because we’ve had dogs before that would only sleep by their owners, so it's important for us to know if proximity to you's an issue for your dog at night). We try to let them be wherever they prefer sleeping.
6) Can your dog be left alone for short periods of time? Again, we ask this to determine whether we'd have to make special accommodations for your dog.
7) Is your dog crate-trained/house-trained? Do they use pee pads/diapers? Are they used to going outside for walks or do they usually stay indoors? (we’re aware that Rover already asks this, but we ask again for clarification in case you didn’t get a chance to fill that out in your profile).
8) What will be the drop off & pick up times for your dog? Drop-off & pick-up times at our location are very flexible, since we'll usually adjust to your schedule, but we also request that owners be responsive (through the Rover app/desktop/text) with pick-up/drop-off times; this helps us with coordinating pick-up/drop-off times for all the dogs staying with us.
*As a reminder - before boarding with us, we require that all vaccinations for your dog(s) be up to date. Rabies, Bordatella/Parainfluenze, & Distemper/Parvo are required (unless your veterinarian states otherwise) & the canine influenza vaccine is highly recommended as well. Your dog(s) must be in good health. We also require that they be free of fleas, ticks, & worms. All dogs must be free from any condition which could potentially endanger other dogs already staying with us.
*If you're a current owner or new client thinking about doing an extended stay with us (5 nights or more), prior to boarding, we'd recommend including any detailed special instructions for your dog such as feeding instructions (times fed per day, amount, is it wet/dry food?, etc.), daily medications, temperament during leashed walks, nighttime temperament, if your dog is a habitual barker, possible anxiety triggers (storm, separation from owner, certain sounds, etc.), allergy information, vet information, emergency contact information, commands & terminology the dog responds to, acceptable & unacceptable behaviors, & anything else that we need to know about your dog in the sections labeled "Care Instructions" & "Vet Information" that are found on your profile. *We don't expect you to answer every single one of the inquiries before boarding with us: They're mostly examples of what to include in your profile, which would be helpful for us & any other Rover sitters moving forward.
**We carefully evaluate the body language & temperament of each dog staying us. We'd prefer the dog be child-friendly (not overly aggressive towards children). Unfortunately, we're not able to do any dog pick-ups or drop-offs from the client's location, but we'll be happy to take your dog as long as he/she is dropped off at our location (near the Medical Center). At this time we can only do a "meet and greet" with first-time clients needing to book an extended stay for their dog (5 nights or more) due to our full schedule/limited availability. For our family's safety (& the dogs already staying with us), we no longer allow owners to step inside our home; This would be discussed further during the "meet and greet" if owners don't get a chance to go through our profile completely & have this specific inquiry. We’ve decided to update this policy over some recent concerns with Rover’s existing policies regarding sitter safety & privacy. We can never be 100% sure how the dogs staying with us are going to react to a new guest being inside our home, & we admittedly don't know all dogs as well as their owners do. Many dogs that have stayed with us in the past have had stress/anxiety with their owners leaving (especially if it's their first time boarding or being away from home), so we also have this policy in place as a way to ensure that the process/transition from owner to sitter is smoother & less stressful for everyone. We know this can be a little unnerving for someone who's new to Rover or hasn’t used us before & completely understand that this might be a determining factor in choosing the right sitter for your dog. However, we can't compromise safety. All dogs of course are always welcome to step inside our home :) Please keep this in mind before sending over a request, thanks.
We always try to go the extra mile to make every stay for your dog(s) a safe & enjoyable 5 star one, so feel free to contact us with any questions/comments/concerns that you may have. We look forward to creating a memorable experience for them & for you :)