Raquel and Omar took care of our corgi, Maverick, for 2 weeks while we were traveling. It was the longest time we’ve ever been away from Maverick and it was so hard to find a place we felt comfortable leaving him. However, Raquel and Omar definitely helped ease our worries and gave us tons of updates while we were away!! They never hesitated to respond to any of our concerns or requests and went ...
We had a great experience leaving our dog with Omar and Raquel. They sent us photo and video updates throughout the stay. Our dog was well taken care of and looked very happy when he came come. Would highly recommend to anyone. They are very flexible and accomodating. We will be back when we need a dog sitter!
Raquel & Omar took excellent care off Simba. They kept me updated with videos and photos. Simba always looked like he was having a lot fun. They loved him and Simba them. I would definitely bring him back.
Raquel & Omar's Canine Clients
About Raquel & Omar
Join our crazy dog family!
We are reliable, full-time dog sitters dedicated to understanding the needs of your dog & maintaining your normal routine.
More About Us:
We’re a family that loves dogs! Our daughter loves being around them & is learning how to give dogs their space. We've had dogs & are currently dog-less. We had a beautiful female Cocker Spaniel named Monkey that was with me since she was 3 months old. She was like our baby ...
What Raquel & Omar would like to know about your dog
1) Does your dog get along with children? (since we have a 4 year old who'll be at home while your dog will be staying with us).
2) Does your dog get along with other dogs? This is so we know whether we'll be able to take on your dog if we're already scheduled to dog-sit for another client during your requested booking date (in order to accommodate you the best we can & provide the best care possible for your dog, we usually try to avoid booking too many dogs at the same time).
3) Does your dog wear a harness or collar (or both) during a leashed walk? Why do we ask this from you? If your dog only wears a harness or collar without an ID tag on it, please read the following: we ask this because your dog's safety is our top priority & some dogs have the ability to get out of their harness/collar during walks. This is also important to us because we always try to walk our dogs in packs whenever we're sitting for more than one dog (which happens quite often). We'd like to request from all owners to at least provide an ID tag for their dog with their contact information on it (if the dog isn't microchipped) during their stay with us. If you've a very nervous/skittish dog (especially during walks), we’ll require a meet & greet beforehand to further assess your dog's needs.
4) Is this your first time using Rover? Have you had your dog boarded before? We ask this to determine whether your dog would be a good fit with us (specifically if it's a very nervous/high anxiety type of dog) & whether we'd have to make special accommodations, as there is a high likelihood there will be other dogs here with us during your dog's stay. Please let us know if your dog would require any special accommodations (e.g. you prefer he/she be boarded alone). We do our best to make a space available for your dog.
5) Where does your dog sleep? on the floor? on the bed? in their crate? nearby? (because we’ve had dogs before that would only sleep by their owners, so it's important for us to know if proximity to you's an issue for your dog at night. We usually try to let them be wherever their preference is for sleeping at night.
6) Can your dog be left alone for short periods of time? Again, we ask this to determine whether we'd have to make special accommodations for your dog.
7) Is your dog crate-trained/house-trained? Do they use pee pads? Are they used to going outside for walks or do they normally stay indoors? (we’re aware Rover already asks this, but we ask it from you again to make sure in case you didn’t get a chance to fill that out in your profile.)
8) What will be the drop off & pick up times for your dog? Drop-off & pick-up times at our location are very flexible, since we'll usually adjust to your schedule, but we also request that owners please be responsive (through the Rover app/desktop/text) with your pick-up/drop-off times; this helps us with organizing pick-up/drop-off times for all the dogs staying with us.
*As a reminder, we require that all vaccinations for your dog(s) be up to date & that your dog(s) be in good health before boarding with us.
*If you're a current owner or new client thinking about doing an extended stay with us, prior to boarding, we'd recommend including any detailed special instructions for your dog such as feeding instructions (times fed per day, amount, is it wet/dry food?, etc.), daily medications, temperament during leashed walks, nighttime temperament, if your dog is a habitual barker, possible anxiety triggers (storm, separation from owner, certain sounds, etc.), allergy information, vet information, emergency contact information, commands & terminology the dog responds to, acceptable & unacceptable behaviors, & anything else that we need to know about your dog in the sections labeled "Care Instructions" & "Vet Information" that are found on your profile. *Please note that we don't expect you to answer every single one of the inquiries before boarding with us: They're mostly examples of what to include in your profile, which would be helpful for us & other sitters going forward.
**Being that our daughter will be there, we'd prefer the dog be child-friendly (not overly aggressive towards children). Unfortunately, we're not able to do any dog pick-ups or drop-offs from the client's location, but we'll be happy to take your dog as long as he/she is dropped off at our location (near the Medical Center).
We always strive to make every stay for your dog(s) a 5 star stay, so please feel free to contact us with any questions/comments/concerns that you might have :)